Advanced search

What's for lunch today? Take inspiration from Mumsnetters' tried-and-tested recipes in our Top Bananas! cookbook - now under £10

Find out more

How do you apply for child benefit?

(8 Posts)
JennyPenny22 Sun 05-Jul-09 14:06:11

I am sure with DD1 I got a form when I registered her birth I didn't with DD2 and she is already 10 weeks and just realised that I still haven't done it blush.

Will it be back dated? How do I apply?

islandofsodor Sun 05-Jul-09 14:07:46

With my scond child I just phoned them up on the number that was on my annual notification of increase and they added the second child.

It can be backdated but only for a certain amount of time.

pasturesnew Sun 05-Jul-09 14:09:05

You can get a form off the internet here:

and it says they will backdate for 3 months so if you get cracking you should be able to get it all the back to DD2's birthday.

Congratulations on your new baby!

oodlesofpoodles Sun 05-Jul-09 14:09:48

You get a form in your bounty pack but its easily lost amongst all the crap. You can apply online at hmrc website and I think they backdate a bit of it. I forgot to do mine with dc2.

ThingOne Sun 05-Jul-09 15:16:01

Yep, easy to do on-line. I had a homebirth with DS2 so no form. At least I was spared the Bounty pack!

JennyPenny22 Sun 05-Jul-09 19:36:14

Thank you all!

JennyPenny22 Sun 05-Jul-09 19:37:04

Can I just check - you have to print it out and send it off? There is no way you can just do it all online?

pasturesnew Mon 06-Jul-09 10:49:45

Looks like it as you have to send the birth certificate to them too. If you call them they will send you a paper copy in the post, seems like you still have just enough time for that.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: