Talk

Advanced search

I've always known DP was a bit of an "over-worrier" but this takes the biscuit...

(9 Posts)
PuppyMonkey Fri 03-Jul-09 15:10:19

Bless him. He's always worried that DD2 (now aged two) will fall down/off things, generally have a terrible accident etc etc. It's just his way, I suppose...

Today, though, he told me off for the way I had hung my bra on the clothes horse - saying that if she played near it, she might get tangled up in the straps and strangle herself. hmm

Am I a terrible mother that this thought never crossed my mind - I just wanted to dry me bra off?

ludog Fri 03-Jul-09 15:31:57

It must be one big bra if he's worried dd is going to hang herself off it! grin....you're right, he is an over worrier!

southeastastra Fri 03-Jul-09 15:32:40

aw bless

Sheeta Fri 03-Jul-09 15:36:10

aw, my DH is like this too.

If he knew how many times 18mo DS fell over during the day he'd have a coronary grin

PuppyMonkey Fri 03-Jul-09 15:51:41

I'm a 34AA.. grin

He spent weeks and weeks devising a special "platform" so that she can get up to trampoline safely. I'd just been letting her climb up and down the flimsy ladder and she was managing quite happily for months!!

TrinityRhino Fri 03-Jul-09 15:53:12

aww bless grin

I'm surprised he lets her on the trampoline grin

PuppyMonkey Fri 03-Jul-09 16:02:38

Only with the net on and zipped up obviously!!

PinkTulips Fri 03-Jul-09 16:02:58

dp is like that too.... caused a few fights when dd was tiny and i constantly felt he was calling me a negligent mother but now i laugh at him and let the kids do all sorts of scary things when he's not around to stress us all out grin

genetics are funny though, both the kids are total daredevils and can usually be found at the highest point of any park or playground we visit with dp stood below them panicing madly wink

monkeysmama Fri 10-Jul-09 00:06:56

My dp is a massive worrier. I often find myself telling him stories about our day & having to stop myself because I can see the look of fear shadow his face that she could have fallen off the climbing frame etc. It makes me a bit mad especially as we have a girl and I am keen for her not to be raised like a little princess.

The bra one is good. The best I have had is that my clothes should no longer go in the laundry bag in the bathroom because dd has a fascination with pulling my dirty clothes out and taking them walkies & if she spends too much time in the bathroom finding fun things hmm she'll be too confident in there & might fall in the toilet or something. I kid you not - he said this.

We did have a hard wait for our ddd but I get mad at the stupid worrying. Nice to hear he isn't the only one. grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now