Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Feel like i'm losing it

(8 Posts)
gembobs Thu 02-Jul-09 23:05:10

I feel like just walking away from my 2 children as i feel as though i am a bad mother, the 5 week will not settle from midday till the early hours of the morning n the toddler of 22 months just wants my attention all the time, i feel angry with the newborn 4 not settling and especially not letting me spend time with my daughter as he just sits on the breast on/off sometimes for hours, 5 week old sometimes just wants me 2 hold him so he can sleep. Partner does help but he can only do so much with 5 week old. I feel as though i never get me time or time with partner. sad

Tortington Thu 02-Jul-09 23:07:37

sorry you ae feeling like this, i can assure you that you are not alone and that many parents feel the same way.

i hope someone comes along with practical advice soon

DippyDino Thu 02-Jul-09 23:26:02

It's early days.

You will get through it.

It will get better.

You are not a bad mother I promise you.

And now for the practical advice from the other ladies!

tostaky Fri 03-Jul-09 07:41:02

i dont have anything really groundbreaking to say but have you tried a sling? that way the 5weeks one can be close to you (you can even breastfeed discretly in a sling and you can spend time with your toddler.
Can you put your toddler in nursery for a day or half a day? maybe you'll feel less guilty about focusing on the 5weeks one...

you know it will get better smile *send well needed hug even if i dont know you*

gembobs Sat 04-Jul-09 01:46:21

My toddler already goes nursery 3 times a week but i sometimes feel bad 4 her being there as i feel as though i am pushing her out.

BottySpottom Sat 04-Jul-09 22:18:35

We have three and I have often felt that I am not spending enough time with my other child/children or DH. Just remember it is just a stage. In a few months you will get all that time back and life will be so much easier.

BottySpottom Sat 04-Jul-09 22:19:20

PS no, you're not pushing her out. She will be fine with her friends and you get a bit of head space - perfect!

gembobs Sun 05-Jul-09 00:00:09

Thanks 4 the kind messages felt much better, since the new baby has come along i ave just felt really bad 4 my toddler n the fact she didn't ask 4 all this, i just miss cuddling her whenever poss or just playing with her, she is my little princess.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now