Talk

Advanced search

Oh god I know this wasn't the right thing to do but I just lost it

(11 Posts)
aarrghhhhh Thu 02-Jul-09 20:25:08

Ds2 (almost 3) had been put to bed. I went up to check on him to ind he had climbed up on the top bunk and ripped all ds1's posters of the wall. angry A lot of them were autographed pictures of his favourite motorbike racers.

I saw red and ripped ds2's thomas poster off hte wall and ripped it up. I know this was wrong but I was so angry

I've even nae changed I am so blush

baskingseals Thu 02-Jul-09 22:03:53

POOR you. I really feel for you and don't blame yourself or feel guilty - it's no good. Don't think about it now, do something mindless/relaxing, and think about it in the morning - you might even be able to laugh it off by then.

missingtheaction Thu 02-Jul-09 22:04:58

Baaaad mummy - rolf

Wonderstuff Thu 02-Jul-09 22:11:18

I think I would have done the same. Don't beat yourself up, baskingseals speaks sense.

SemperEadem Thu 02-Jul-09 22:14:13

Bless you - chill tonight and ask DS2 to apologise in the morning and then apologise to ds2 yourself explaining that it was wrong to do what you did - you are only human you know!

aarrghhhhh Thu 02-Jul-09 23:11:22

Thanks. poor ds2 was so upset and when dh came in he sobbed to him...

Anyway I just spent an hour sellotaping the poster back together. I will apologise in the morning (I did go up to apologise this evening but he had just gone to sleep)

I think ds2 already said sorry but he says it very readily hmm

I will also get ds2 to help me find all ds1's posters (or bits of) so I can fix them if possible.

DippyDino Thu 02-Jul-09 23:23:26

Friend of mine... her little boy broke her ghd straighteners. She went mental and broke his favourite fire engine. Cue much crying and regret and apologising to her son.

She rushed out the next day to replace the fire engine. However she is still ghd-less.

Let this be a lesson to you all... grin

tinton Sun 12-Jul-09 22:34:17

sorry it this has already been covered but not coping well with dd (17mths) clearly favoring/loving dp more than me ...all fine and normal i think but my reaction is way out of line - she won't hold my hand/talk to me (after being really loving) and i have found myself being really immature and even disliking her, not helped by fact that gave up job i loved and home etc to move overseas to be sAHM (NOT COPING WITH THAT AT ALL!!)i love her to bits but finding it all very hard
x

frankbestfriend Sun 12-Jul-09 22:39:37

Tinton start a new thread and someone knowledgeable will be along to help you smile

Baisey Mon 13-Jul-09 11:38:52

Ohhh poor you. Not trying to hijack but my DS who has took to toilet training like a duck to water, he has been out of nappies for about 3 weeks day and night, well about half an hour ago he peed on the floor for the third time today, which is really unusual for him, I saw red and told him i'd put him back in nappies, he instantly started crying, which set me off and then he started asking for me to put a nappy on him. I felt absolutely awful. Again not trying to hijack just wanted to say we all do things that we regret and you're not alone.

tinton Thu 16-Jul-09 21:32:27

Sorry, posted in the wrong place when tired and emotional (literally and otherwise). argghhhh hope you are feeling better and please don't be hard on yourself and sorry for interrupting.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now