Talk

Advanced search

What's for lunch today? Take inspiration from Mumsnetters' tried-and-tested recipes in our Top Bananas! cookbook

Find out more

Feeling paranoid at school gate.......

(5 Posts)
gardengirl72 Thu 02-Jul-09 20:10:07

I'm probably feeling a bit over-sensitive but I got blanked by one of the girl's mums in my dd's class in the playground the other day. She literally turned the other way when I smiled at her and for some reason I've become really upset about it. Her dd has recently become more and more friendly with my dd's best friend so I'm wondering if that's the reason. I'm pretty shy but I'll say hello and acknowledge people but I'm starting to get paranoid as I don't really seem to fit in with any of the other girl's mums and to be honest I worrying my dd will suffer.

mrsmaidamess Thu 02-Jul-09 20:13:58

Perhaps she wasn't wearing her glasses? Perhaps she didn't see you? You are being a little oversensitive.

gardengirl72 Thu 02-Jul-09 20:18:08

Yep I know I am really but it was just me and and her in the playground passing each other so she did see me!!

misshardbroom Thu 02-Jul-09 21:52:59

she could have had a rotten morning with the kids, rowed with her DH, be worried about money, have PMT and have her granny in the hospital.

It's really not necessarily about you.

I'd rise above it, smile again next time you see her, and if she still blanks you, move on and be friendly to everyone else.

Horrible feeling, but really probably not you.

ICANDOTHAT Fri 03-Jul-09 20:14:42

She could have been a million miles away and not 'seen you'. I often do this and have to apologise later.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now