Talk

Advanced search

losing weight after stopping bfeeding

(8 Posts)
Manchichi Thu 02-Jul-09 13:11:45

will i lose some weight? have just seen some photos of myself at my mums, feel crap even after 10 months.

Schnullerbacke Thu 02-Jul-09 15:00:50

Can't give you good news from my experience. Had a really hard time losing weight with DD1 and didn't lose much before getting pregnant with DD2. DD2 is now 4 months, I still breastfeed, eat less, excercise loads and yes you guessed it: it still doesn't fall off. Its going down verrrrrry slowly and its a big effort. Annoys me to no end considering.

But am sure lots of people will come along and tell you otherwise.

Don't feel crap and just do something. Do a bit every day and it will soon become a habit. Good luck.

Manchichi Thu 02-Jul-09 17:54:26

thaNKS, i do run most days but still it is like i can't get beyond this plateau of fatness and would like to blame it on the bfeeding instead of on my contant eating!

Sunflower100 Thu 02-Jul-09 20:25:53

I lost that last hard to shift 5 pounds when I stopped with dd. Hoping for the same this time.

Sunflower100 Thu 02-Jul-09 20:25:53

I lost that last hard to shift 5 pounds when I stopped with dd. Hoping for the same this time.

Allegrogirl Thu 02-Jul-09 22:16:33

I didn't manage to lose anything when bf feeding as I was completely hungry and exhausted all the time. Once I stopped I lost plenty of weight as I was working part time and constantly rushing around. A couple of months of ww helped me with portion control. Now my dd is 20 months old I keep the weight off running around after her. I'm not slim and never have been but over a stone less than before I got pregnant. I'm not the only person I know who didn't lose weight when bf so don't lose hope, it will happen eventually.

JustKeepSwimming Thu 02-Jul-09 22:18:24

I lost a pound or 2 each time i dropped a feed. and lost several when i stopped. think i'm weird though as no-one else i know has done this!

but don't lose hope.

plus my appetite and tastes changed once i stopped.

JackBauer Thu 02-Jul-09 22:41:32

I found it impossible to lose weight when BFing for some reason, even if I ate really well it would not move more than a few pounds.
I stopped BFing DD2 a few weeks ago and started running about 2 months ago and I have lost over half a stone. And it is staying off!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now