Talk

Advanced search

I am having Saturday off. Ideas please?

(3 Posts)
AmIDoingThisRight Wed 01-Jul-09 20:27:15

Am a SAHM to DS (16.5 months) and am having a day off on Saturday.

I haven't actually had a day off since before he was born, and am a bit at a loss to know what to do.

I don't want to waste the day by faffing around deciding what to do. I do want to enjoy myself but don't want to spoil it by feeling guilty. I don't have unlimited funds to spend, obv. What would you do?

Ideas gratefully received.

AnyFucker Wed 01-Jul-09 20:31:33

when mine were little and I had time off I used to go to places where there were lots of families, weirdly

it meant I could sit and sip a Latte, read a book and watch all the other frazzled parents whilst I luxuriated in my freedom grin

wrinklytum Wed 01-Jul-09 20:32:55

Oooh how lovely.Does this include a lie in?

If it were me I weould have a nice mooch about and a bacon sarnie and read the papers first thing.Then a nice child free long soak in a bubble bathThen I would meet up with some friends for lunch out.I would then have a little me time pampering (Hair done or aromatherapy massage or retail therapy.)

If the day off continues into the evening I would arrange a night at theatre/cinema with a friend

As I haven't had a child free day in 5.5 years I am envy Enjoy

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now