Talk

Advanced search

Hi, are there any hairdressers here?? I have a question about my daughters hair cut.

(9 Posts)
mummyloveslucy Wed 01-Jul-09 19:19:59

Hi, my 4 year old daughter used to have very long hair but it was so thick and tangely, we tried everything but had to have it cut.
It's now just on her sholders. It's been cut a bit shorter undernieth and layered on top. It just looks really thick at the back, then thin at the bottom. I'm not keen on it really, it looks like a style that's grown out. I'm thinking of having it in a proper bob style. It is a little but wavy, so I'm not sure. The other option I suppose would be to let it grow out.
What do you think?

mummyloveslucy Wed 01-Jul-09 19:26:26

If you click on my photoes, you can see a picture of it. smile

southeastastra Wed 01-Jul-09 19:44:14

ah cute! bump for you as i have boys and will be no help whatsoever

mummyloveslucy Wed 01-Jul-09 19:48:23

Thanks, the hair stlye looks better in the pick as it's been blow dried flat. Now it has a bit more body to it. smile
I'm pleased we had it cut, mornings are a lot easier now.

mummyloveslucy Wed 01-Jul-09 20:06:41

bump for hairdressers.

eandh Wed 01-Jul-09 20:13:53

not a hairdresser but watching as have made appt for dd1 to have hair cut tomorrow she has long hair that was very curly but is now wavy (think the length/weight has made curls drop) its fairly easy to do in the mornings (ponytail/french plait etc) however I am desperate to get a good 3 inches cut off and it looks tatty at the ends and needs a good trim (plus she starts school in sept) but she is terrified of the hairdressers (unlike dd2 who had her hair cut today and sat so still and has a perfect one length shoulder do with wispy fringe!!)

mummyloveslucy Wed 01-Jul-09 20:50:37

Do you live anywhere neer Exeter? There is a childrens salon there called Nippers. The children sit on fairground ponies to have their hair cut. They watch DVD's on a screen in front of them and get glitter in their hair, fruit bag and balloon after.
My daughter loved it, but the woman behind the dest was a bit rude and cold so we didn't go back.
The children love it though.

eandh Wed 01-Jul-09 20:52:41

oh that sounds fab but sadly we are in Kent, have promised her that is she has it cut and behaves she can have any magazine in the shop after (ie the one with the tackiest free gift on the front wink) and my dad (her beloved grandad who she adores) has promised a treat on saturday if she behaves so fingers crossed................

mmmmm all that and it hasnt helped you get any hairdressers on this thread though has it grinwink

mummyloveslucy Wed 01-Jul-09 20:58:13

Oh well, never mind. I think I'll just take her along and see what they say. smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now