Talk

Advanced search

So how do I support DD when I want to sit in the corner & say 'wibble'

(16 Posts)
Katymac Tue 30-Jun-09 22:39:38

Not dealing well with DH being in hospital (not it wasn't planned, yes it is a shock, no DD & I are not coping well - I have had that convesation several times)

DD is not coping very well either - lots of tears/upset/temper - she is 11 so quite hormonal

So what can I do?

We are trying not to argue, she is sleeping in my bed, I am trying to make things 'ordinary' & 'boring' & 'normal'

Any suggestions?

IpeeFreely Tue 30-Jun-09 22:42:16

Will you be up and down to hospital, or be able to keep things 'normal' with your own routine katy

can you rope gps in to help you ?

sorry you are having such a shit time

ImOverHere Tue 30-Jun-09 22:43:33

I hope your DH gets well and home soon.

In terms of you and your DD, are you able to do different things to take your mind of it for a while? Or maybe have some routines tha you do together to get some structure back and make you both feel a bit safer in your current environment.

Not sure that will help but hopefully others will be along soon with other (better) advice. smile

helpmegetthisrightplease Tue 30-Jun-09 22:44:39

Does she have any good friends you might be able to invite round for a while after school or at the weekend? Having someone else around may help her take her mind off things a bit. (sorry probably a rubbish idea my dd is only 3 so not sure about 11 year olds)

I saw your post about your DD being away and you having to tell her DH was in hospital and felt awful for you. Hope he improves soon.

supersalstrawberry Tue 30-Jun-09 22:47:46

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Katymac Tue 30-Jun-09 22:48:02

Nana flys to spain tomorrow with her sister - she did suggest cancelling but she is just over major surgery herself.

Hospital is over 2 hrs away so we won't be able to visit until Saturday

I am working a 50 hr week (plus sorting out emergency cover for DH)

I'm in a bit of a mess tbh

supersalstrawberry Tue 30-Jun-09 22:51:02

supersalstrawberry Tue 30-Jun-09 22:51:56

Katymac Tue 30-Jun-09 22:55:16

Well I am accepting help

& I am telling people

So I will keep doing that

IpeeFreely Tue 30-Jun-09 22:57:50

'keep calm and carry on' like that poster, katy

good luck

Katymac Tue 30-Jun-09 23:03:51

I guess

Thanks

supersalstrawberry Tue 30-Jun-09 23:14:10

Katymac Wed 01-Jul-09 07:54:15

Sorry I went to bed

They put a line in about 6:30 last night (27 hrs after he arrived in hospital hmm)

I don't know yet whether they are treating him for Mycobacterium (new treatment) or recurrent chest infections (he had this last July)

Hopefully PALS will get in touch and do a bit of explaining

I do use MN - probably too much blush

ramblingmum Wed 01-Jul-09 08:43:54

You may think that she is too young for this, but when I was an older teenager my mum was ill. I found trying to carry on as normal very hard . At one point we sat down and cried together. I think it helped us both

Katymac Wed 01-Jul-09 11:23:07

We did last night - not sure if it helped

Katymac Thu 02-Jul-09 12:49:42

Definitely having a 'wibble' moment

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now