Talk

Advanced search

what do you do?

(12 Posts)
rusmum Tue 30-Jun-09 13:53:06

i have a 10 month dd and get 'bored'/fed up- what do you do all day?

she doesnt settle or play and so i endlessly carry her from 1 room to another,

FlorenceandtheWashingMachine Tue 30-Jun-09 14:04:11

It sounds like you are having a hard time.

Do you have a local leisure centre? Ours has a creche and I find that an hour off while I swim/gym makes me feel far more sane. Our creche takes babies from eight weeks, is really very reasonable and they are wonderful with the babies.

FlorenceandtheWashingMachine Tue 30-Jun-09 14:05:27

Also, they dress the babies in swimming stuff and bring them to poolside. A combined mum then mum/baby swim can take up a good two hours! grin

dontdillydally Tue 30-Jun-09 14:11:54

Like you I got to a point where the days were endless and I longed for the weekend when hubby was off.

I got myself into a routine where that I did something everyday!!! I also did alot of stuff with friends I met at my post natal group - we were all inthe same boat - bored and at a loose end so decided to meet up once a week which we all looked forward to - it then got to twice a week so I only had 3 days out of the 5 to fill.

What I did was something like this:

Monday - Park with picnic
Tues - Toddler Group then meet up in afternoon
Wedn - Caterpillar Music, then library
Thurs - Swimming
Friday - Meet up

You could try other thing Gym babes, Caterpillar Music (or whatever is near to you)baby sign, leisure centre activties also have a lot on for under 5's check them out. Also out local library has things on last Friday in each month - musical activity or storytime for under 5's

Hope these suggestions help

englishpatient Tue 30-Jun-09 14:27:55

When DD was tiny I went for loads of walks with her in the pram - explored our lovely countryside. Sounds boring but it was great to get outside.

VinegarTits Tue 30-Jun-09 14:36:04

Firstly, she needs to learn to play by herself so you are not endlessly carrying her around the house with you

Sit on the floor with her and her toys, play for a while, then get up and leave her (go to other side of the room) for a couple of minutes at a time, keep coming back so she knows your a not leaving for good, then start leaving her for a little longer, eventually she will get used to you getting up and going away from her, she will know you will come back soon and therefore she will be more settled on her own

Secondly, what others have suggested are great ideas for keeping yourself from being bored

rusmum Tue 30-Jun-09 17:07:18

thanks- didnt doante natal wish i had now and dont know anyone with baby- sad eh!!

WIll look into leisure centre and take it from there-

FlorenceandtheWashingMachine Tue 30-Jun-09 19:18:17

I missed out on meeting people when my DD2 was tiny and we had moved towns so I had left everyone behind from DD1. However, I did finally meet some lovely friends and you will too if you put yourself out there. It is important to talk to some adults every day even if it's just a quick chat. Keeps you sane.

You could also go on Mumsnet local and see if there are folks meeting up in your area with similar age DCs.

dontdillydally Tue 30-Jun-09 22:10:19

yes Mumsnet local or try your local Netmums site

SlartyBartFast Tue 30-Jun-09 22:12:10

however about mums and toddlers, you might find other littleuns, and you will certianly find other mums.

and the weather is lovely for being out and about. do what you want while she is so transportable.

Jojay Tue 30-Jun-09 22:13:01

It's worth finding out about local toddler groups too, as you'll meet people at these.

Jojay Tue 30-Jun-09 22:14:15

You may have a local council run Childrens Centre too - these are fab and have all sorts of things going on.

Where do you live? ( in case you live down the road from megrin)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now