Talk

Advanced search

Have I damaged her hearing?

(6 Posts)
idag Sun 28-Jun-09 06:46:51

Hi all, I need some advice please, we went to a wedding yesterday with our 8 week old baby girl and there was a live band at the reception. We kept her away from the music most of the evening but when we went to say our goodbyes we brought her onto the dancefloor for a good 5 minutes without thinking. Now I am woried we may have damaged her hearing. She wasn't crying or anything but I am so worried that I ahave done some permanent damage- any thoughts from anyone? The panic is setting in...

Perfectgangofthree Sun 28-Jun-09 08:25:26

I very much doubt it, OP Give your HV a ring tomorrow so she can put your mind at rest.

EdwardBitMe Sun 28-Jun-09 08:31:34

I'm sure she'll be fine.
Both our DS's went to weddings and parties as small babies. It doesn't seem to have effected their hearing.

They are both "selective" in their hearing, but that's inherited from their father!! grin

sweetfall Sun 28-Jun-09 08:32:06

Your baby will be fine. Don't worry about it.

I would never advise any mother to ring an HV because IME they are generally rubbish but if you happen to have the one in a million who is ok then you could do that.

ABetaDad Sun 28-Jun-09 08:36:47

She will be fine. A friend of mine (many years ago) went to heavy metal concert and stood 10 yeards away from a stack of huge speakers for 2 - 3 hours. He lost the entire base part of his hearing range and could only hear high pitched sounds but it came back a week later.

Hearing loss only happens with repeated exposure to loud noise.

idag Sun 28-Jun-09 12:33:52

Thanks for the reassurance everyone x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now