Talk

Advanced search

DS and my parents bloody Dog

(13 Posts)
Nahui Thu 25-Jun-09 21:12:29

Message withdrawn

OldLadyKnowsNothing Thu 25-Jun-09 21:19:22

Would the dog accept a (padlocked!) cage while Ds is around? Can it be put in another room to which DS has no access?

GrimmaTheNome Thu 25-Jun-09 21:48:32

Are there some constructive ways your son could interact with the dog? Tell him to sit and give him a treat, that sort of thing?

TBH I think your title should have been Bloody DS and my parents Dog ... I hope your DS learns some respect before he meets a less patient creature!

Nahui Thu 25-Jun-09 22:03:11

Message withdrawn

Mutt Thu 25-Jun-09 22:07:45

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

CarGirl Thu 25-Jun-09 22:11:14

Does your son not usually sit down to eat food?

I feel sorry for the dog, untrained and harrassed.

GrimmaTheNome Thu 25-Jun-09 22:58:36

Oh dear.
Yes, bloody parents then. Not the dog's fault really. That does sound difficult if the dog is totally untrained.

Don't make the same mistake with your boy then - 3 is old enough to start learning to respect and care for animals, under supervision of course. Your parents really ought to cooperate in this as you have a baby to deal with.

Nahui Thu 25-Jun-09 23:35:10

Message withdrawn

Nahui Thu 25-Jun-09 23:44:28

Message withdrawn

booyhoo Thu 25-Jun-09 23:47:37

could you make the dog like a reward for good behaviour, as in, if he behaves he can play, supervised of course, with the dog for five minutes. grandparents could show him how to handle the dog and teach him commands.

PortAndLemon Fri 26-Jun-09 00:25:04

Does your DS have properly-supervised, approved fun activities with the dog? E.g. helping to feed him, giving him treats, helping to take him for walks?

What do you do when your DS ignores your instruction to leave the dog alone?

KTNoo Fri 26-Jun-09 07:59:58

Sounds like your parents are being a bit unreasonable - I mean, they want your ds to leave the dog alone but then your ds has to eat with the dog jumping up and trying to steal his food.

The suggestions here are good for the ds bit, but could you also make a deal with your mum that she keeps the dog in another room while your ds is eating? Seems only fair.

CarGirl Fri 26-Jun-09 13:04:09

sounds like an all round nightmare, also I wonder if in part your ds is being defiant over it because it gets him so much attention.

I have no idea how you get your parents to work with you on it though.

Stair gate across one of the room doors so dog can still see or will he still bark?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now