Talk

Advanced search

my 8yo ds is turning into a stroppy teen.....helppp!

(3 Posts)
chimchar Wed 24-Jun-09 07:03:05

he's 8 1/2. do boys get the hormone thing going on this early? he's really stroppy and grumpy. he moans about everything that doesn't go his way and seems quite impatient and intolerant of his younger siblings...he actually does that kevin the teenager "harumph" and shoulder flop!!!

he is lovely (or used to be!!), and seems to be fine with his friends and has no worries that i am aware of.

i feel awful because i know i'm not handling him well and feel like i'm always nagging him....

hellpp!

aGalChangedHerName Wed 24-Jun-09 07:10:28

been there done that....

Ds1 was exactly like that but i didn't realise that he was hormonal etc until much later. He had a tache and hair everywhere by the age of 9.5/10 years. I didn't know that boys could be hormonal like girls but i know better now.

I wouldn't have been quite so tough if i'd realised how he was feeling. Ds2 has only just started going through the same stages in the last year and he is 13 so they are all different.

Sympathies,it's a tough stage imo.

chimchar Wed 24-Jun-09 16:11:12

thanks for that...was talking to a boy in the school i work in and he said that he got his first pubic hair at not quite 10....gulp! am sooooo not ready for that!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now