Talk

Advanced search

Why have I got this and why is it tickly?

(4 Posts)
therealpf Mon 22-Jun-09 17:48:23

Can you guess?

dd,3,has found her clitoris. Must admit I was stumped as to how to respond yesterday as didn't know how much information to give her. In the end I told her what it was called and said if it felt tickly sometimes that was ok and normal. However, I don't really want her going on about it at preschool! How would you have responded to a 3 year old?

whomovedmychocolate Mon 22-Jun-09 18:03:52

It's a special private part of you that should only be played with at home and people generally only talk to their mummies about it rather than everyone else as it's special and private.

Explain about the private/public space - like you go to the toilet in private but you eat in public etc.

DD found hers at about 11 months and DS recently found his willy so I feel your pain! grin

therealpf Mon 22-Jun-09 19:14:45

I have to say I didn't mention the playing with it thing as I didn't want her to get the idea! But explaining the private/public thing is a good tip so thanks

whomovedmychocolate Mon 22-Jun-09 21:58:15

DD says quite often 'my foof is sparkly' hmm when she's having a fiddle. I always say 'that's nice dear, ooh look a sparrow/bit of fluff on the carpet. I think they just go through it. She doesn't do it outside the house. Mind you there is one little boy at nursery who is constantly fossicking in his trousers. hmm

His mum must be mortified, she actually has to remove his hands to march him out of nursery every single week grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now