Talk

Advanced search

Bedtime notes

(7 Posts)
Twims Sun 21-Jun-09 18:58:53

My mum used to write us the occassional bedtime note when we were growing up - they would be intermitant. They might be weekly/monthly or at a special occassion and you wouldn't know about it until you got into bed.

I am staying with my god-daughters soon and will also pop a little note in their bed for them to read - just saying why I love them or what I think of them as a person or why they make me proud.

So what would you put in your bedtime note to your dc?

nobodysfool Sun 21-Jun-09 19:01:54

What a lovely idea.
I would put "just a little note to tell you how proud i am of you and that you are the sunshine of my life.I love you ttthhhiiissss much, love mummy x"

Twims Sun 21-Jun-09 20:01:07

aah how sweet nobodysfool - how old is your dc?

misshardbroom Sun 21-Jun-09 22:50:48

I left DD a little note once saying I hoped she had a lovely day the next day (I was going to be at work all day), and that there were 4 kisses because she was 4. She was ridiculously pleased with it and kept it stuck to her door for months.

ChasingSquirrels Sun 21-Jun-09 22:52:06

I put notes in my ds1'a lunchbox occasionally. He loves it. Inane things like "eat your apple, love you, mum xx" or "I love you ds1".

ChasingSquirrels Sun 21-Jun-09 22:52:33

he is only 6. I won't be doing it when he is 16!

nobodysfool Mon 22-Jun-09 16:17:08

twims- he has just turned 4.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now