Advanced search

What's for lunch today? Take inspiration from Mumsnetters' tried-and-tested recipes in our Top Bananas! cookbook - now under £10

Find out more

Can you get help for children to help them deal with an ill parent?

(8 Posts)
Katymac Sat 20-Jun-09 20:14:59

Even if they are not dramatically poorly?

DD is struggling a bit atm & I am too

DH isn't seriously ill just poorly all the time

Can anyone help?

dilemma456 Sat 20-Jun-09 21:07:53

Message withdrawn

Katymac Sat 20-Jun-09 21:11:37

That's an idea - I'll have a look

DD doesn't have to care for him at all - he is pretty self sufficient but he is grumpy & neither DD nor I are dealing with it atm

onlyjoking9329 Sat 20-Jun-09 21:23:42

i guess it depends on the illness as to what advice/information is out there, are there any on-line groups that may be able to help?

Katymac Sat 20-Jun-09 21:32:06

Well he has chronic lung disease (I think) and a tiny bit of bronchiectasis & Mycobacterium Avium (just diagnosed awaiting treatment)

But it just makes him tired & miserable and bad tempered

I am fed up with his moods & so is DD

Katymac Sat 20-Jun-09 22:06:07

That trust seems to be for children who are carers - rather than pissed off children

I'll ring on Monday just to check, thanks for the suggestion

bruffin Sun 21-Jun-09 00:24:41

I used to work for the Princess Royal Trust for Carers and I think they would help your dd. Even if they can't help her they might be able to help you as you are most certainly a carer.

Katymac Sun 21-Jun-09 08:53:14


I guess part of the problem is that he isn't dramatically ill, just a bit poorly

I feel guilty asking for help for something so minor

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: