Talk

Advanced search

Can you honestly say that.....

(8 Posts)
RomillyJane Sat 20-Jun-09 19:33:52

you love all your dc equally?

Perhaps that's the wrong question, are some more 'in tune' with you than others ?

I adore all my 4 dc, (all ds) but ds 3 is especially close to me and my heart - I feel a bit guilty about it and am VERY VERY careful to treat them all exactly the same; but I feel as though he is my favourite person in the whole world... I cant really explain why, except maybe he is more like me than the other boys.

I feel sufficiently bad about this to have namechanged.... but honestly does anyone else feel likethis?

ChasingSquirrels Sat 20-Jun-09 19:37:07

I think I love one more than the other.
However I am prepared to believe that I do love them both equally (although differently) but just feel more in tune with one of them.

thisisyesterday Sat 20-Jun-09 19:39:04

yes, i honestly do love them all equally. in different ways maybe, but i don't feel closer to any of them particularly.

Frasersmum123 Sat 20-Jun-09 19:41:09

Honestly no - I love all my DC's differntly but I feel closer to one, and I feel guilty about that every single day

nickschick Sat 20-Jun-09 19:47:28

I have 3 dc and I love them all without end but sometimes it seems one of them needs a 'top up' of love, and then I concentrate a bit more on that dc- not to the loss of the others just that at that point that dc needs more.

I dont think that they care bcos at 15 years old my eldest tells me every night he loves me and kisses me goodnight in fact in year 11(hes just left) I was in school for a meeting and he saw me leaving and hugged me and kissed me bye - and a very strict irish teacher came to the car and said that at that moment he realised ds1 was now a young man and how proud he was to have taught him [proud mum]

misshardbroom Sat 20-Jun-09 22:03:02

yes, I'm with nickschick. I love them all equally but sometimes one needs me more than another so they're more at the forefront of my mind.

DS1 is the most like me, and so in many ways I feel more of an affinity with him, but I wouldn't say I love him more.

There's times when one of them does something that just melts my heart and reminds me how much I love them, e.g. DS2 (who is only just 3) taking himself off to get ready for bed this evening and I peeped round his door and saw him undressing his little podgy baby body, and I loved him so very much!

ByThePowerOfGreyskull Sat 20-Jun-09 22:05:52

I believe the depth of my love is the same for both however it feels very different, the sunshines from one of them and the other one was born with a little cloud above his head.. One is easy to love one less easy but the joy when you get something back is amazing.

NervousNutty Sat 20-Jun-09 22:10:07

I love tham all the same but am closer to Dd2 and Ds than Dd1.

Me and Dd1 just clash.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now