Talk

Advanced search

WHAT DO NEWBORNS DRESS IN FOR OUTDOOR WEAR IN A CARRIER?

(8 Posts)
milkmonster Sat 20-Jun-09 17:48:59

What would you dress a newborn baby in for being outdoors in a baby carrier ('Baby Bjorn' type carrier) at this time of year?

He'll be about a week and a half, possibly 2 weeks old, by the time I get courage up to go outdoors with him!

Gingerbics Sat 20-Jun-09 20:52:41

Probably a babygro and a cardi if its cold, if warmer, a babygro, if really warm, just a vest as he'll have all your lovely body heat to keep him warm n snuggly. Don't worry if his little hands feel cool, as long as his body feels pleasantly fine. mine used to love it in the Bjorn and settled really well in it. Happy Bjorning!

Nahui Sat 20-Jun-09 22:13:18

Message withdrawn

LauraN1 Sat 20-Jun-09 22:33:50

When you get a chance, try using a sling, wrap, or structured carrier (they support the baby's spine better than a Bjorn, where the legs just dangle) and the layer of fabric counts as one layer of clothing

MatNanPlus Sat 20-Jun-09 22:40:32

Romper / thin babygro.

Take a muslin / thin blanket to wrap over carrier and baby, easier than cardi on/off

weebump Sat 20-Jun-09 22:45:33

I'd be tempted by a full babygro to keep the sun off his newborn skin. And a hat, of course.

nannynz Sun 21-Jun-09 12:05:33

My six week old charge loves her Ella Roo Mei Tai and me and her Mum love to use it.

She is usually in just a undershirt, or a sleepsuit and looks gorgeous in her sun hat.

TurtleAnn Sun 21-Jun-09 19:36:33

thin fabric babygro without feet with a fleecy footed babygro in case the wind picks up and the sun goes in.

We love the Baby Bjorn.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now