Talk

Advanced search

Please help me word a letter to the nursery about the food.

(5 Posts)
BiscuitStuffer Thu 18-Jun-09 18:24:06

The nursery is fabulous in every way except that the food could be better. It's 'ok' but it seems a bit high on the sugar front and I'd love to see more fresh fruit and veg on the menu. e.g. they get ice-cream and sprinkles for pudding, sponge pudding with custard, ketchup with hot dogs etc and a daily digestive biscuit for snacks (+ dried fruit).

How do I word this in the best possible way? Apparently it has been brought up in the past but nothing gets done about it. We are fairly new there and I don't want to cause any agro....

BiscuitStuffer Thu 18-Jun-09 20:49:04

Pretty please grin

The staff member I spoke to about it confirmed that it's 'not great' and she was up for me saying something but seemed very nervous about it!

saggyhairyarse Thu 18-Jun-09 21:31:44

Do they cook onsite or use a catering service?

If they cook onsite I would ask to see their meal planners and then just say it how it is.

Could they offer alteratives to sweet snacks like crumpets/crackers/bread sticks with cheese/hummus or what not and could they increase the variety of desserts like yoghurt/rice pudding etc.

BiscuitStuffer Thu 18-Jun-09 21:41:55

They cook on-site but it's a tiny kitchen. I agree with you totally but I just don't know how to bring it up without causing annoyance.

clemette Thu 18-Jun-09 21:46:12

We asked for DC not to have any sweet puddings so they give yoghurt/fruit as an alternative. You could start there...?

There should be a parents' committee (OFSTED requirement) so you could ask one of them to bring it up with management?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now