Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

M&P's Pulse buggy or Maclaren Quest??!

(12 Posts)
Lolabelle Thu 12-May-05 14:03:58

I have just bought a Maclaren Quest but it doesn't seem to recline very far giving my 8 month little girl hardly any chance of getting some shut eye when we are out whereas the M&P's 'Pulse' buggy seems to recline nearly flat but is a fraction heavier - does anyone have any recommendations as need a lightweight buggy that is comfortable eneough for the little lady to get her lunchtime nap in when we are out shopping etc...any advice would be fab!

beatie Thu 12-May-05 14:09:34

We've had the Quest for two years since dd was 8 months old and she has always managed to nap fine in it.

At the same time, I considered buying the Chicco London. That is similar but reclines back further.

I love the Maclaren Quest though. It is still in fabtastic condition two years on, in yet, friends who bought other makes of umbrella stroller have already had to purchase a second one. The Quest has a lovely small turning circle which makes it easy to get in and out of shop doors when no-one is willing to hold the door open for me.

WigWamBam Thu 12-May-05 14:13:13

Same here, we had the Quest and had absolutely no problems with dd napping in it. It's a smashing buggy, light and easy to steer.

Fimbo Thu 12-May-05 14:16:27

I have a Quest, my ds is 17mths (but looks like a 3 year old!) and he sleeps fine in it when in the reclining position.

beatie Thu 12-May-05 14:21:09

Oh yes, and one handed pushing is really easy too. This is useful now my dd insists on walking half the time.

mummylonglegs Thu 12-May-05 14:50:17

I got a Pulse this month on the recommendations of a few MNers. It's fantastic. My dd's older than yours though 2 1/2 but still occasionally needs a kip in the buggy. It lies virtually completely flat and the slightly bigger wheels make it a smoother push than all the MacLarens, it's also got very good and easy to use brakes and a longer hood to keep the sun off. (Previously had a MacLaren Triumph and hated the brakes, the cramped size and the small rattly wheels).

beatie Thu 12-May-05 14:55:02

It's the stupid Macalren break which makes my DH like the pushchair though. It allows him to walk with his usual long stride without kicking a break.

It is annoying though. You should see my face when I kick it 10 times to get it to work. Luckily I rarely need to use it as I live in a flat area.

beatie Thu 12-May-05 15:17:47

Or brake rather

Hazellnut Thu 12-May-05 17:15:48

I was looking at the same thing yesterday - pulse v. maclaren. I really liked the pulse but I am only 5 foot and the handles were too high so will probably go for maclaren but I preferred the pulse so didn't get either !!

blueteddy Thu 12-May-05 17:57:48

I have just ordered a babydan anti-tip buggy from kiddicare, which is reduced from £169-£79.99!
It seems to have all the features of the maclren techno : 5 lay back positions, bigger wheels, storage pocket at the back of the hood, padded bits on harness etc.
But it also has an anti-tip feature, so that it doesn't tip back when you hang your shopping on the handles (a God send 4 a shopperholic like me!)
Haven't told my dh that I have ordered it though!

sallycinnamon Thu 12-May-05 19:26:13

Just don't get a M&P Aria. Grrrrr!! Possibly the most rubbish buggy in the whole world.

giraffeski Thu 12-May-05 19:47:25

Message withdrawn

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now