Talk

Advanced search

My youngest starting nursery, feeling stupidly emotional!

(10 Posts)
ilovechoclate Thu 18-Jun-09 00:09:00

My youngest son(3) will be starting nursery in September. I brought him to the nursery today for the registration day and he really loved it.

On one hand i'm excited for him, he loves mixing with other kids. He is still so v young though and i'm feeling anxious already that i'll look like a loon crying outside the nursery once he's gone in! He just looked so small compared to some of the other kids.

O please someone slap me grin

PrettyCandles Thu 18-Jun-09 00:19:24

Nah, shan't slap you, just give you a little {hug} and drag you off to Cafe Nero.

2y8m ds2 started nursery in April. Last week for the first time he wasn't crying when I left him, this week he practically shoved me out of the door.

It's good. grin Yes they're young, but boy do they flourish at nursery!

ilovechoclate Thu 18-Jun-09 00:27:32

O Prettycandles your post has made me smile grin thankyou!

I'm glad your son has finally settled , it must have been hard when he was crying when you left. But i know that you are so right, they really do flourish at nursery.

But i'll probably still have a wee sob!

mummywilldrive Thu 18-Jun-09 13:36:06

I know exactly how you feel. DD2 has her registration day at nursery tomorrow and is then starting nursery in September. She's not even 3 yet. I'm going to miss her she's my baby.sad

ilovechoclate Thu 18-Jun-09 13:49:10

It's good to know i'm not the only one feeling a bit sad about it all. But i'm trying to think of all the positives, i'm sure our little ones will have a fab time grin

We can all support each other when they start!

mankyscotslass Thu 18-Jun-09 13:54:05

My last Manky starts nursery in September too. I was fne with the other two, but I know I will howl with him.

He's my last baby. sad

Jazzicatz Thu 18-Jun-09 13:56:16

Took ds age 4 to his first day at big boy school, wept all the way home. I feel stupidly emotional so understand your pain. Still feel teary now and I have to go and pick him up soon grin

ilovechoclate Thu 18-Jun-09 14:51:30

what are we all like??

i think like manky being my youngest i'm so much more emotional!

jazz i'm sure your son will come out all happy busting to tell u all about his day. grin

bebespain Thu 18-Jun-09 17:24:34

I am feeling exactly the same sad

Here in Spain children start pre-school the year they turn 3. That means DS1 who will be 3 in December will start in Sep aged just 2.9 months. He´s just a baby still and will probably be the youngest in his class

I am beside myself and although I think he will enjoy the social interaction I really feel he is too young - I´m dreading it sad

ilovechoclate Thu 18-Jun-09 19:42:23

O bebespain i really feel for you, that is awful young to start pre-school. On a positive note my eldest went into nursery at 2.5 and loved it. Within wks he seemed to grow up so much if that makes sense!

But that wont stop u fretting i know as i'm still fretting over my youngest starting and he'll be 3.7!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now