Talk

Advanced search

Is it best to have a 2 or 3 school year age gap?

(8 Posts)
nomorechoc Wed 17-Jun-09 20:09:02

between siblings? any expereince of either / both?
from what i remember, when you start school, it is how many school years apart you are with your siblings that seems more apparent than actual years, IYSWIM
Anyway, just wondered if 2 or 3 apart is better/easier for any reason

madrush Wed 17-Jun-09 20:13:27

2 years could mean one child taking A levels and another taking GCSEs at the same time, I know it's a way off, but I don't think I could handle that level of stress!

But I've got 3 school years between my two and little sis is so desperate to be at school with big sis, but as she starts Reception, big sis is off to Juniors!

popsycal Wed 17-Jun-09 20:16:27

well
I think 2

however
ds1 and ds3 are only just 6 years apart but they will be a whole 8 years apart in school years due to a august/sept birthday combo and that is weird.

ds1 and 2 are just over 2 uyears apart but 3 schools years due to ds1's august birthday

so
I ill have a ks1 sats, a ks2 sats and a ks3 sats all in the same year (should they all still exist )

Pitchounette Wed 17-Jun-09 20:19:44

Message withdrawn

popsycal Wed 17-Jun-09 20:29:42

just to add:
ds1's best friend in his class is the brother of ds2's best friend in his class iyswim

ds1 and 2 and 2 and a bit years apart and the other set of brothers are almost 4 years apart. So my boys are treated totally differently by me compared to their friends by their mum. Mine go to bed at roughly the same time whilst friends go an hour apart. Mine play together and are best mates (and worst enemies) whislt friends ds1 and 2 don't really play together

not sure what my point is buut am pondering it ayway

popsycal Wed 17-Jun-09 20:30:49

gosh that was garbled
but did it make any ense?

roisin Wed 17-Jun-09 20:33:38

I like the fact that 2 school years apart means that you have GCSEs and A levels at the same time, but have a much less stressful year all-found the year before and the year after!

Having said that with the way many subjects are using modular exams, this may no longer be so relevant.

GreatGooglyMoogly Wed 17-Jun-09 20:52:14

There is 21 months between my two which is a 2 year school gap. DS2 is only 3.5 but I like the fact that next year when he will be in Reception DS1 will still be at the Infant school in Year 2 and not yet in the Junior school on another site.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now