Talk

Advanced search

Best examples of "baby brain" behaviour !

(38 Posts)
yoyoy Wed 17-Jun-09 01:30:10

I am now 3 months postpartum and still suffering with "baby brain".

Today I got into the shower still wearing my pyjamas.

Can anyone top that ?

pooter Wed 17-Jun-09 01:38:06

whilst putting some bedding away in the airing cupboard, next to the man painting our hall, I said - to the sheets - "In you pop"blush

i also filled out one of those speedy check things in teh bank so you dont have to queue up to pay a cheque in - then posted it in the bin slot for receipts blush I had to queue up at customer services and explain why i wanted them to unlock their bin.

Claire2009 Wed 17-Jun-09 01:41:07

I'm just forever calling Ds "Rex" (the dog's name!) and Rex gets called "Joe"...blush

Can't think of anything else right now, but I'm sure there's more!

Jacksmama Wed 17-Jun-09 05:49:59

I forgot my own office phone number in the middle of leaving a message for a patient. "Hi, it's Dr. Jacksmama. You can ring me back at 604-514-...uh... 604-514- errrrr.... I'm so sorry, I seem to have forgotten our office number. I'm sure you have it. Please do ring me back."
Patient did, laughing hysterically.

Also went to the wrong airport to pick up Mum when she came out here for DS's birth. There are two within our area. I went to the wrong one. And wondered why there was no airplane arriving and the arrivals hall was empty.

Miamla Wed 17-Jun-09 05:55:04

i forgot the PIN for my card. the same card and PIN combo that i've had for years and had also used the day before. DS is 10 mths and i'm still waiting for my baby brain to go!

LtEveDallas Wed 17-Jun-09 06:01:08

I have rocked empty trollies and talked to DD, when I've left her at home with her dad!

(Actually blush I still rock supermarket trollies - and my dd is now 4!)

Acinonyx Wed 17-Jun-09 09:59:05

I was forever forgetting where the car was. I would park at the shops then walk home then later freak out thinking the car had been stolen hmm

dilemma456 Wed 17-Jun-09 10:02:26

Message withdrawn

amidaiwish Wed 17-Jun-09 10:03:50

i put the kettle in the fridge and the milk where the kettle sits. that's my best one, didn't realise for hours until i went to make a cup of tea and couldn't find the kettle.

lost my car in john lewis car park. then remembered i had parked in bentalls.

DD2 is 3 now, and i am glad to say i think baby brain has pretty much gone. **i think**!

dilemma456 Wed 17-Jun-09 10:05:21

Message withdrawn

littleducks Wed 17-Jun-09 10:15:23

we took the children out for a picnic
sitting in the car i realise my feet feel odd and hope i havent forgotten to take off dhs large bright blue flip flops i had taken bin out in

i had one normal shoe and one big blue flip flop!

i was so blush i went barefoot

Bramshott Wed 17-Jun-09 10:19:39

When PG with DD2 we went away for several days over Christmas and arrived home to find my house keys dangling from the front door lock! blush

difficultdecision Wed 17-Jun-09 18:20:37

trying to put milk in the kettle blush

even now he is 17m I get the same problem with finding the word I want to use - great fun when trying to explain things to patients sometimes.

christie00 Wed 17-Jun-09 19:22:25

Ha - when I went back to work after Mat Leave I had to keep introducing myself to students by saying "I'm not stupid - I just keep forgetting what I'm saying while I'm saying it..." - then got pg again after 2 months back and didn't know if it was still milk brain or pg brain or what...

Think the students think I'm on day release...also need to keep a spare pair of shoes in car because of slippers incidents at least once a week!

Mizza76 Wed 17-Jun-09 22:23:27

In my first pregnancy, I was so worried about 'baby brain' / 'mum dumb' that I took an internet IQ test. My IQ had dropped by 30 points - 30 points I can't afford to lose!

4andnotout Wed 17-Jun-09 22:26:04

I walked the dog with me to collect dd2 from school today, stopped at the shop on the way home, did all my bits in there, got half way home and realised i'd left the dog tied up at the shop! shock
I legged it back and sheepishly collected her whilst my neighbours laughed, apparently if i hadn't remembered they were going to drive her back to me!

Quattrocento Wed 17-Jun-09 22:27:48

A friend of mine once reported her car stolen. She'd driven to work, forgotten she'd taken the car, got the train home, found the car not at home, then naturally enough called and reported it stolen. The police were baffled, as there didn't seem to be any broken glass or sign of forced entry to get the keys ... They found it for her eventually though.

tigana Wed 17-Jun-09 22:36:04

I lit a candle in the hallway when very pregnant to make house smell nice for guests. 10 mins later DH rushes in looking worried..."what's burning!!??" he asks, "nothing" says I calmly "just a candle in the hallway".
DH rushes into hallway and returns shortly after, holding the melted remains of his sunglasses which had been hanging on a hook about 3cms above the candle.

guests arrived to lingering scent of charred plastic. Yum.

suis Wed 17-Jun-09 22:44:10

I lost the remote control and found it in the fridge..

Eve4Walle Wed 17-Jun-09 22:44:51

I went out and left the front door wide open not long after DS was born. I also put my knickers in the toilet instead of the laundry bin several times!

misshardbroom Wed 17-Jun-09 22:51:17

My youngest baby is now 3 and I still find myself standing in places (in the queue in the bank, outside school), swaying from one foot to the other as though rocking a baby that I'm not holding...

BettyTurnip Wed 17-Jun-09 23:02:16

Managed to lock dd2 (and the car and house keys) in the car after her 6 week check, she was screaming like a banshee with her hood covering her eyes. Obviously, the baby brain meant I'd also left my mobile at home - I had to burst into the packed waiting room at the Dr's, wailing hysterically blush, so I could use the phone to ring DH to get the spare key.

Comforted myself with the thought that the receptionists have probably seen it all before grin.

BettyTurnip Thu 18-Jun-09 00:11:52

Oh Gawd, I've killed this thread now.

I'll get me coat.

muffle Thu 18-Jun-09 00:14:39

I went out with the cordless landline phone thinking it was my mobile, then tried to use it to phone home and was puzzled for ages that it said "out of range".

Someone I know put a chicken in the washing machine instead of the oven!

kitkatqueen Thu 18-Jun-09 00:23:06

I lost a block of cheese for 2 weeks blush

I'd accidentally put it in the freezer instead of the fridge - could have been worse, I could have put it in the tumble drier...

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now