Talk

Advanced search

Advice please........

(5 Posts)
berrysmum Mon 15-Jun-09 08:29:29

My in laws are currently on holiday in Mexico. I know a lot of the original hype about swine flu has subsided, but I can't help feel worried for when they come back. They don't see our kids that often, even though they live literally around the corner, but it's ds2's birthday a few days after they return so no doubt they will want to come around. What would be your reaction?

PortAndLemon Mon 15-Jun-09 09:03:54

It wouldn't unduly worry me; there are outbreaks in several areas of the UK now so I wouldn't think of them as posing a greater risk than if they'd passed through one of those areas.

berrysmum Mon 15-Jun-09 18:37:50

thanks PortAndLemon. I guess if the airlines are letting them fly there now it has to be pretty much ok.....?

TurtleAnn Mon 15-Jun-09 19:58:33

Your GP will have leaflets about swine flu in the front hall of the surgery. The leaflets were sent out nationally to all GP surgeries a week or so ago. You can also call NHS direct for advice if you are concerned.

However, as it is DS's birthday, I am assuming he is years rather than months old, I would be less worried.

berrysmum Mon 15-Jun-09 20:37:57

was considering going to GP surgery for info actually, thanks for that. Yeah, youngest will be two.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now