Talk

Advanced search

middle child syndrome, <joy>

(7 Posts)
psychomum5 Sun 14-Jun-09 20:09:43

tis alive and kicking in my house tonight...<sigh>

tis the same old same old arguement really, but tonight is irritating me as I just cannot please the girlangry

she wants a matching sibling.

DD1 and DD2 are a pair (and they really are very close)

DS1 and DS2 are a pair, altho not quite so close unless wrestling on the floorhmm

DD3 is happy when just me and her, but as soon as I am distracted or the others need me, out it all comes again, its not fair, she is lonely, no-one loves her.....yada yada yada.

tis not all completely in her head.....DD1 and DD2 are teenagers, both at secondary together, both have more freedom, both off out (when not grouded for drinking and lyingwink), and have a wider circle of friends due to the freedom of teens (IYGWIM)

and of course, the boys want to do things they like, eg, football, climbing, fighting etc........not girlie stuff like she likes.

differentID Sun 14-Jun-09 20:14:16

Is she into anything except dancing?

psychomum5 Sun 14-Jun-09 20:18:09

yes, gymnastics, but even so, if she did have other interests, it wouldn;t stop the feeling lonely at home really.

she wants a twin sister, or for DS1 to be a girl and for me to magic a brother for DS2.

not gonna happen in any scenario.....

differentID Sun 14-Jun-09 20:20:34

I feel sorry for her- it's a difficult age as well, not quite knowing where you fit in. Is she quite an outgoing child?

differentID Sun 14-Jun-09 20:21:18

however, I feel more sorry for you having to listen to the whining.

psychomum5 Sun 14-Jun-09 20:23:47

thankyou for the comebackwink

oh yes, 10 is hell.....I remember it well from DD1, and she was a challengehmm.....still is in fact, altho slightly different now!!

she just feels so out of it, and I feel guilty as I cannot solve it without stealing a child, and that is just frowned upon reallywink

mrsjammi Sun 14-Jun-09 20:29:15

Message withdrawn

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now