Talk

Advanced search

3yr DD wakes in a full-on episode after day-time naps

(3 Posts)
Rollergirl1 Fri 12-Jun-09 23:18:37

Have posted about this once before and got some really good feedback but....

My 3yr old DD rarely naps now during the day but is still prone to sleeping in the car or buggy whenever it happens. Today i had a friend over and DD was really tired around 3pm (unusually) and actually asked to go to bed. So i took her and she woke up 1 1/2 hours later absolutely beside herself. Nothing can console her. She wakes crying and steadily builds herself up to what i can only describe as an almost asthmatic fit. She has trouble breathing, is close to being sick, is inconsolable, wants me but bats me away when i try to hug her. Is totally beside herself. I have tried giving her biscuits, milk, bananas as soon as she is like this as someone suggested it could be low-blood sugar but nothing helps. Only time. She eventually comes round about an hour later. But this is so difficult cos i have a 1 yr old DS too. I really don't know what is wrong and she seems so so upset.

Has anyone else experienced this?

nannyL Sat 13-Jun-09 08:18:02

perhaps you should give her a snack BEFORE bed if you are sending her to bed as late as 3pm!

dilemma456 Sat 13-Jun-09 22:45:52

Message withdrawn

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now