Talk

Advanced search

Ahhh, but our children are lovely, to be sure...

(35 Posts)
MrsMerryHenry Fri 12-Jun-09 14:28:02

Soppy parent thread! I'd like to bring back some cheer after all those nasty threads that have been littering the site...

------------

I was just thinking of how lovely and kissble DS's cheeks are.

<<melts>>

grin

Any more for any more?

Pinkjenny Fri 12-Jun-09 14:29:24

When dd just grabs me for a spontaneous and really tight cuddle as if only mummy will do. <sob>

SusieDerkins Fri 12-Jun-09 14:29:53

Me! When I pick them up from pre school they will run and squeal "mummymummymummy" and give me a huge hug.

<sigh>

IwishIwasmoreorganised Fri 12-Jun-09 14:31:25

Seeing ds1 3.5) singing his heart out in his first school assembly this morning then giving me the thumbs up! Melted my heart - I was sooooh proud!

MrsMerryHenry Fri 12-Jun-09 15:09:40

Awww, what lovely DC's!

GertBertandFlirt Fri 12-Jun-09 15:10:56

Feeling dd's (2 weeks old) little hand curl around my fingers and her lovely soft cheeks .

IrritableGrizzly Fri 12-Jun-09 15:12:19

Ds1 (6y) pausing at dinnertime and saying very seriously "Mummy, I don't think I said this before, but thank you very much for all the dinners you ever made me"!

Ds2 (12m) hugs dh and I so tight and wriggles blissfully and can stay there for hours - he is the cuddliest baby I've ever known.

My boys make my life worth living, and every day I spend with them makes me feel so lucky.

Ah feck it, I'm such a sap <wipes tear away>blushgrin

TheProvincialLady Fri 12-Jun-09 15:20:49

"Mummy I love you one million billion AND five from Numberjacks" (Ds1, 2.8 - the highest praise ever)

misshardbroom Fri 12-Jun-09 15:43:48

when DS1 handed over the toy DS2 wanted and DS2 said 'thankyou DS1' and gave him a big kiss on the lips!

MrsMerryHenry Fri 12-Jun-09 15:56:25

<<weeps>>

grin

LionstarBigPants Fri 12-Jun-09 16:00:57

"Mummy I love you, you're a best friend" from DD (2.4) this morning - she's been poorly so we're having lots of cuddles too - blissful smile

designerbaby Fri 12-Jun-09 23:31:20

Awww can't resist this thread!

DD is 18 months... Yesterday evening on returning from work I was greeted with

"herro mummy, howdyoudoooo (with hand outstretched to shake) I uv you"

followed by a big cuddle...

And she fell asleep on me this evening after her bottle in the lounge. A rare event these days, but having my sleeping little one's head on my shoulder was just delicious...

[soppy emoticon]

db
xx

GothAnneGeddes Sat 13-Jun-09 02:43:09

Dd is only five months old but I love the grins and giggles I get when I kiss her chubby cheeks. Also the little jiggle she does when she sees me and want to get out of the cot.

I'm really glad this thread exists. It's good to hear some nice things.

grin

elliepac Sat 13-Jun-09 06:28:42

Having read this am now feeling all warm and snuggly despite having the rage when DD woke up at 5.30.

DS (5) - Mummy I love you 62 thousand three hundred and 52. that's the biggest number in the world and that's how much i love you.

DD (15 months) is so cuddly when i get her out of the cot in the morning and she just lays into me for big cuddle. (best bit of the day, she spends the rest of the day slapping me grin)

Aren't children fabulous.

When I went to pick up DS1(10months) from nursery he was happily playing with a toy with his name on it, when I called his name he turned round gave me the biggest grin and crawled over to me at lightspeed.

AnybodyHomeMcFly Sat 13-Jun-09 08:02:07

Ds(2.5) so proud of himself for putting his own shoes on that he gave himself a big round of applause. Also tells me he loves me and "mummy I love your hair"
Dd (11 weeks) lovely cooing and smiling and the way she wrinkles her nose as I land yet another kiss on her

And they both smell wonderfully sweet (most of the time!)

poshsinglemum Sat 13-Jun-09 09:10:24

DD (11 months)got really jealous when another little girl came and sat on my lap at playgroup. It made me realise that she does love me very much!

LemonTea Sat 13-Jun-09 09:16:13

My DS (3.9) always says 'Mummy, you look so beautiful today' when I get up in the morning, and constantly tells me how great I am.

Fantastic.

My DD (1.6) bites me for most of the day grin

womblingalong Sat 13-Jun-09 09:16:16

My DS (2)

Turnig round in his pushchair, and saying: "I love you Mummy, can I have a little cuddle?"

Also, following his Daddy round, telling him "I love Mummy" over and over again grin

Running over and hugging my arm and saying: I like my mummy.

Sitting on the sofa next to me, and thumping his chest saying "I mummy boy"

Everytime I come into the room saying "Herro Mummy, howere you?"

Make me melt.

Goblinchild Sat 13-Jun-09 09:16:21

The fact that I come up to my son's chin and he still hugs me with a total body wrap.
Or that when my daughter has had a tough exam. she sits on my lap for a cuddle.
Both my teens are fantastic and lovely, so don't fear the future.

misshardbroom Sat 13-Jun-09 10:25:47

that's so nice to hear, Goblinchild... I do worry so much about when they're teenagers, and I know it will happen in the blinking of an eye.

epimum Sat 13-Jun-09 14:03:42

what a lovely thread,
my dd 4.3 really cuddles into me and is constantly telling me and her dad she loves us, this morning she came into my bed for a cuddle and gave me her 'bady' (fav doll)
to cuddle while she went downstairs to give daddy a cuddle smile
ds nearly 6 is really cuddly he is always telling my he loves me grin

OrmIrian Sat 13-Jun-09 14:12:11

Yep they are.

Damn near perfect sometimes. Just wish they could all be at the same time hmm Usually they like to balance it out - one is being an angel complete with wings whilst another is the devil incarnate with the third wibbling about in the middle being ordinarily annoying.

fruitshootsandheaves Sat 13-Jun-09 14:17:56

My DD is 15 and has just gone to stay with PIL for 9 days. She's only been gone since 11 and I'm missing her already.

AnybodyHomeMcFly Sat 13-Jun-09 22:34:26

I kissed DS at bedtime and he told me "mummy I love you so much". Makes me melt

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now