Talk

Advanced search

You know when you've been the tooth fairy? What do you do with the teeth?

(28 Posts)
MarkStretch Thu 11-Jun-09 16:39:08

?

blondissimo Thu 11-Jun-09 17:29:34

My mum kept all mine in her jewellery box and she still has them! I'll be 30 this year! blush for my mum.....

PlumpRumpSoggyBaps Thu 11-Jun-09 17:34:48

Erm... keep them for a while then throw them away. blush

pointydog Thu 11-Jun-09 17:44:23

shove them in a drawer or a bin and forget about them

EccentricaGallumbits Thu 11-Jun-09 17:52:13

keep them. my mother still has all ours in leetle boxes too.

Housemum Thu 11-Jun-09 19:29:19

My mum kept all mine then threw them away when i was a teenager. Wish she'd kept one. Am planning to just keep the front baby teeth for mine.

brimfull Thu 11-Jun-09 19:33:26

make a necklace

misshardbroom Fri 12-Jun-09 15:49:21

bin

Hassled Fri 12-Jun-09 15:54:06

I wish I knew what the hell to do with them. I have a huge collection of teeth - the teeth of all 4 DCs, the oldest of whom is nearly 22. The youngest is still a believer, but as soon as he realises I am thinking of a necklace. Or maybe I'll learn how to carve them into a tiny chess set...

MrsMuddle Fri 12-Jun-09 16:22:13

Keep those teeth, ladies! Last month, DS (14) asked jokingly if I'd get a tooth out so he could use it for a science experiment at school. I gave him half a dozen of his baby teeth, and his team participated in a national science competition and got a prize for the teeth experiment.

Their experiment showed that fizzy drinks and acidic fruit juice were bad for teeth, and milk and water weren't. Hardly groundbreaking...

woodstock3 Fri 12-Jun-09 18:06:32

do NOT do what my otherwise fantastic mother did, ie absentmindedly shove them in a box on your dressing table where your dc will find them the morning after the tooth fairy has been. this ensures that you will not be forced to think up hasty and unconvincing explanation of why the tooth fairy has decided to store them there "for safekeeping" rather than taking them away to toothfairyland as billed.

LollipopViolet Fri 12-Jun-09 18:07:49

"My mum kept all mine in her jewellery box and she still has them!"

Blondissimo, my mum has done this too, and I'll be 20 this year! I think it's a lovely thing to do, I think I'll do it with my kids (when I have any).

merlin Fri 12-Jun-09 18:17:12

I too keep them in my jewellery box, just as my Mum did!

BitOfFun Fri 12-Jun-09 18:21:49

ggirl beat me to it! They make lovely unusual earrings too.

Rubyrubyrubyinthegame Fri 12-Jun-09 18:23:03

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

PortAndLemon Fri 12-Jun-09 18:25:07

Give them to the real tooth fairy when she calls round, of course. Doesn't everyone do that hmm?

Rubyrubyrubyinthegame Fri 12-Jun-09 18:41:03

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

tootiredtothink Fri 12-Jun-09 18:47:00

Keep them!

While sorting through my moms drawers after she died I found a little pile of my baby teeth.

I felt so that she'd kept them all these years (I was 30), and it mad a terribly sad time briefly happy.

MegBusset Fri 12-Jun-09 20:37:18

This thread reminds me of something I once witnessed in a supermarket.

The old lady in front of me in the queue was a bit doddery and asked the till assistant to count out the right money from her purse, tipping a few coins into the assistant's hand. Among the coins was a small, grey-yellowish object. "Oh, that's my lucky tooth!" said the old lady, plucking it from the shop assistant's hand.

The look on the shop assistant's face was quite something -- I thought she might be about to pass out, or throw up...

whinegums Fri 12-Jun-09 20:44:34

Keep them, but out of the way of the DCs. When I was small, I found mine, and my brother's too, and the next time I lost a tooth, I put them ALL under my pillow, expecting a mega windfall from the tooth fairy. It also gave my poor mother a huge fright, as when she went to retrieve them on the tooth fairy's behalf, she'd thought I'd suddenly lost a lot of teeth!

Nappyzoneisabeetrootrunner Fri 12-Jun-09 20:44:54

my dd's are currently rolling loosely around my underwear drawer

gingerwench Fri 12-Jun-09 20:49:51

I kept mine (the tooth fairy gave me money but left my tooth but I can't remember the reason my parents gave) and I also have the second teeth I had extracted to make more space (got more money for those!)

burningupinspeed Fri 12-Jun-09 20:51:17

I think keeping them is SO grim

But I know I'll do it when the time comes blush

Sassybeast Fri 12-Jun-09 21:40:32

Bin. DH hads all of him and they are grim.

Smithagain Sat 13-Jun-09 22:27:30

Put them very safely in a secret location. Then forget where they are.

DD will be very cross if she stumbles across them grin.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now