Talk

Advanced search

Suggest a gift for DD's BFF Holy Communion!

(10 Posts)
nessus Thu 11-Jun-09 13:13:41

Can I please pick your collective brains please!

DD's adorable lifelong friend is having her first communion on Saturday and I am thinking it is only proper to buy her a gift to mark the occassion. But herein lies the crux, what to buy?

I have no clue!

The girls, both 8.5, are the greatest of friends and have known each other all their lives (born in the same hosp', lived doors apart for years, same nursery, regular playdate etc) so quite a few presents/money in envelope have been exchanged in the past but am I right in thinking this calls for something specific??

We are Pentecostal not Catholic so if there is something obvious that I should be thinking of, now you know why I am not!

FlyingMonkey Thu 11-Jun-09 15:55:02

We usually give card & cash for First Communion but if you want to buy something specific, how about a silver chain & crucifix?

zookeeper Thu 11-Jun-09 15:57:22

book of bible stories? Rosry? My little boy had his recently and got a beautiful patterned wooden cross in bright colours - sounds bizarre but it's pretty.

He appreciated his new nintendo game best of all lol

zookeeper Thu 11-Jun-09 15:57:46

Rosary

zookeeper Thu 11-Jun-09 16:03:48

google first holy communion gifts -can't do links - there's loads of ideas

nessus Thu 11-Jun-09 20:07:36

Thank you guys! It all seems so obvious now you have all mention it

nessus Thu 11-Jun-09 20:10:05

mentioned!

micromum Fri 12-Jun-09 13:37:11

My daughter just made her holy communion, and the ds game being top of her list she also got a teddy holding 2 little purses, in one purse was rosary beads the other purse was a little angel. Was a really nice present but i don't know where it's from.

Poledra Fri 12-Jun-09 13:39:32

I gave my nieces charm bracelets with a silver cross added as the first charm.

Tortington Fri 12-Jun-09 13:40:52

please dont get her something religeous - its so rubish

what would you want if you werw 8? a rosery? i don't think so.

i bet there are loads of rosary beads, bibles, crosses and schniz flying around.

get her something he will really like -

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now