Talk

Advanced search

Have I lost the plot or is this what being a parent feels like

(9 Posts)
timmette Tue 09-Jun-09 19:00:00

Went to pick up ds from school today and he had a massinve bump and bruise on his head - that no one had noticed and hadn't noticed him crying either so was feeling a bit over protective and hormonal (read pregnant) when some little brat tried to kick him while he walked past - I felt like kicking that boy all over the playground - yes I know I am not violent and would never do it - but I was so angry - is it normal to feel like this.

FenellaFudge Tue 09-Jun-09 19:19:26

I'd say so - if not then we can be un-normal together!

timmette Tue 09-Jun-09 19:24:28

Thanks for that it's sometimes hard to know if I am over reacting - do you think it would be ok to ask the teacher to keep an eye on ds and this kid - I am a bit worried he tried to do it when I was there and dh too.

FenellaFudge Tue 09-Jun-09 19:27:30

Yeah, mention the incident and ask her to just keep an eye to see if there is any underlying tension between the two of them.
It's probably a silly one-off though.

thisisyesterday Tue 09-Jun-09 19:34:20

yes it's normal to feel like that IMO! sometimes that protective mother instinct goes into overdrive.

would definitely talk to the school about the incident thoughh

timmette Wed 10-Jun-09 07:29:09

Thanks for the advice dh will speak to his teacher today - am much calmer now blush - but he's still my baby

PortAndLemon Wed 10-Jun-09 07:49:28

It's quite normal to feel like that.

If you actually kick the other kid across the playground then you've lost the plot.

Therein lies the distinction.

ICANDOTHAT Wed 10-Jun-09 09:13:17

Yes very normal .... many times have I fantasised about slapping my d's teacher around the face with a large, wet Cod. I've also felt like grabbing that little 'bully' by the scruff of the neck and giving them what for ..... ooooh, I feel better already and it's only 9.15 am. My dh describes me as a Lioness waiting to pounce on anyone who dares to stray too close to her babies - pregnant or not grin

timmette Wed 10-Jun-09 09:33:23

Thanks I feel more normal now - I was remarkably restrained at the time and just glared at the little brat - well aware I had taught ds no violence at all is acceptable hmm and couldn't do anything but set an example.
It just bothers me ds is 3 and this boy was about 8 and it seemed like a giant picking on a little one.
Glad to know I haven't lost the plot yet.grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now