Talk

Advanced search

We've all calmed down now, but by God DD2 put the wind up us with her 45 second choke at suppertime.

(5 Posts)
snigger Mon 08-Jun-09 20:45:42

All's well, but when they're 7 you stop being ready for it - the problem is we laugh and chat a lot at the table, she had a fit of giggles, and inhaled half a banger.

This gives me the wobbles in a big way though, when every so often they remind you how fragile they are.

<shudder>

Heathcliffscathy Mon 08-Jun-09 20:47:54

god poor you! horrible. glad she's fine now.

nannyL Mon 08-Jun-09 20:49:00

this gave me the shivers...

my grandparnents friends grandaughter aged 3 DIED choking on a bit of sausage about a month ago sad

thank goodness you child is ok

(my 3 year old charge properly choked on a grape at a picnic in the summer and it frightened me to death as well... NOT NICE)

3littlefrogs Mon 08-Jun-09 20:51:44

This is why first aid training should be on the national curriculum, and available to all parents (not just nursery staff and CMs).

Thank god she was alright snigger. Are you ok?

snigger Mon 08-Jun-09 21:08:14

Nannyl, that is tragic, and must be so hard to deal with. The 'what-if' factor must be the worst.

I agree, 3littlefrogs - I've had 1st aid training in the past, but even with that, even knowing what to do, when it didn't immediately come right I found myself reacting with utter panic. Goodness knows how you'd cope say as a young mum with no background whatsoever.

I'm fine now, thanks - if anything DD2 (who has a wicked streak a mile wide) broke the tension a little - after coughing up the 'blockage', she huddled in my lap a while having a bit of a cry, then looked up and said "Can I have a chihuahua now?". Little beast, made us laugh though when we were all a bit shaken.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now