loader

Talk

Advanced search

Baby wipes for newborns./ young babies

(11 Posts)
christiana Mon 08-Jun-09 09:12:23

Message withdrawn

TheMadHouse Mon 08-Jun-09 09:15:06

I just took the wool and water with me, oh and I also carried wet bamboo cloths in a reseabable bag to use too.

christiana Mon 08-Jun-09 09:16:27

Message withdrawn

TheMadHouse Mon 08-Jun-09 09:27:31

Sorry - they are just like muslins

Dalrymps Mon 08-Jun-09 09:36:36

I think most of the big name wipes have some chemicles, saw a program on it once... Having said that ds has very sensitive skin and the only ones that suit him are pampers sensitive, you can always get them on offer somewhere so never end up paying full price iyswim.

thisisyesterday Mon 08-Jun-09 09:40:56

i just use old flannels. most public changing rooms have a sink in.
or just pre-wet them and take in a plastic bag

christiana Mon 08-Jun-09 09:46:55

Message withdrawn

thisisyesterday Mon 08-Jun-09 09:52:50

30 usually. we use cloth nappies so they just go in with them.
every now and then they all get put through a 60 wash

puddock Mon 08-Jun-09 10:00:28

I generally still just use cotton wool or washable wipes (like mini flannels) and water. To take them out and about, I put a couple into a little plastic ziplock bag. (Actually, I reuse rinsed-out breastmilk freezer storage bags for this, they're tough plastic and a handy size, and I hate to throw them away blush!)
But we do use wipes sometimes - I got some Waitrose plain ones on offer which seem good, at least they don't have any parabens in them.

FlyingMonkey Mon 08-Jun-09 10:00:44

We tried a few (including Huggies & Johnsons) but the ones that seemed to cause the least irritation were Pampers Sensitive. The Johnsons ones were the worst.

thehouseofmirth Tue 09-Jun-09 04:03:58

Fleece makes brilliant wipes. One of the £1.99 Ikea blankets cut up makes loads and they come out of the washing machine virtually dry. Or any real nappy site will sell fleece or terry reusable wipes (I think it's unlikely you'd have enough old flannels around to use those exclusively)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now