Talk

Advanced search

anyone have a new maclarens techno xt black 2009 or quest??

(14 Posts)
newmumof2 Sun 07-Jun-09 14:20:58

we have the old grey version, not fairing very well for dc2! so thinking of getting a new one for baby and see there is a new black version but all descriptions don't mention if the hood unzipps to pull right down for shade (if that makes sense) like the grey version? anyone know?

also on reviews on mn, the quest is voted #1 where techno didn't even make the reviews list!! anyone sell me on the quest??

cheers x

VeryHungryKatypillar Sun 07-Jun-09 20:07:50

We've bought the black version and the hood does unzip. This was the main reason I bought it!

Black proving to be a pain though, DD's emulsion like sunblock just won't wipe off!

misdee Sun 07-Jun-09 20:16:18

quest isnt suitable from birth

NationalFlight Sun 07-Jun-09 20:19:38

Ah someone is selling a black one on here, and someone else said it marks very very quickly eg on the hood when you fold it.

Otherwise I think specs are the same as the grey.

Misdee is right, Quest not really from birth more like 3-6 months?

I think Quest did better on reviews due to price for people who just want an olde-kids buggy iyswim...the techno is suitable from birth so costs more, but is better buggy iMO.

nannyL Sun 07-Jun-09 20:43:54

you can also get a cocoon type thing (like the phil&teds cocoon) to make the techno even more suitable for a new born!

misdee Sun 07-Jun-09 20:45:40

no, thats for the xlr. not the techno

nannyL Sun 07-Jun-09 21:24:33

but the techno XT and the techno XLR are the same pushchair... its just one comwes complete with a cosy toes etc

I have a techno XT, a friend has the techno. XLR and we cant see a difference. so there for the cocoon should fit

NationalFlight Sun 07-Jun-09 21:26:03

NannyL I stood and compared them side by side in Mothercare yesterday. The woman said she thought they were the same, then got a tape measure and the XLR was a good two inches wider than the XT in the seat.

(12:14)

misdee Sun 07-Jun-09 22:17:35

xlr is wider, and i belive it lies back further than the XT

NationalFlight Sun 07-Jun-09 22:26:01

It's taller as well don't you find Misdee

I felt quite uncomfortable standing pushing it, my wrists were too high up iygwim

nannyL Sun 07-Jun-09 22:26:21

oh ok

when i looked i really didnt notice any difference but also didnt get out a tape measure wink

misdee Sun 07-Jun-09 22:29:11

xlr and xt are both too high for me, but perfect for 6ft dh.

we have a quest which dh likes, and says it a proper buggy, which folds so easy

PacificDogwood Sun 07-Jun-09 22:30:12

I have last year's brown and blue XLR and love it - used it almost exclusively for DS3 from birth. Big pram (Mutsy) was only used for sleeps in the garden.
For new baby would definetely go with the XLR rather than Quest: lie flat, a bit better "upholstered" (I also added a sheepskin), better suspension, rubber wheels etc etc.

NationalFlight Sun 07-Jun-09 22:39:49

Have got a sheepskin in my xt, it fits so well...also the shoulder straps go through it but the rest come round the sides so you can flip it out to fold the buggy up and it just falls back in when you unfold it again.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now