Talk

Advanced search

Cotbed Help

(7 Posts)
mintycake Sat 06-Jun-09 18:46:07

Hi ds is 3 months and I want to move him from crib to cotbed but don't know whether to purchase one with a dropside or one with a multi position base or one with both. lol any advice appreciated.

laurawantsababy Sat 06-Jun-09 20:06:40

I have a cot with a drop side and never use it! Dd is 1yo now.

It does have a 3 position base which is very handy. Ive not yet put it right down as she cant stand in her cot yet.

CarGirl Sat 06-Jun-09 20:08:53

I would say yes to both drop side and multi base position. However I am very short and had huge babies that sat up very late in life so stayed on the higest setting for months and months.

Meglet Sat 06-Jun-09 20:16:34

ds's cotbed has a fixed side and i don't mind reaching down to get him out (he's 2.6)

And 8mo DD has a cot with a drop side (mattress on the lowest setting) and i don't think it's ever going to get used. I can't be bothered to let her see me do it as I'm sure she'll only start trying to do it when shes older.

misshardbroom Sat 06-Jun-09 20:49:48

I've owned three different drop-side cots and never once dropped the side on any of them!

CarGirl Sat 06-Jun-09 20:51:02

Think it depends on whether you are vertically challenged and whether you intend to get pregnant again very soon.

I had 3 dc in 3 years so once I was pregnant had to use the drop side!

misshardbroom Sat 06-Jun-09 21:04:58

Same here, but I think I just used to chuck 'em over the top! grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now