Talk

Advanced search

What's for lunch today? Take inspiration from Mumsnetters' tried-and-tested recipes in our Top Bananas! cookbook - now under £10

Find out more

I love my children, but not the way they trash my house.......

(9 Posts)
PuffTheMagicDragon Mon 09-May-05 10:20:00

Our wooden floor in the sitting room, lovingly sanded and varnished by dh, now has 2 large and ubsightly red splodges on it (someone decided to pull his jumbo felt tip apart to investigate). And the shower in the bathroom has been pulled away from the wall (same someone was practising being a monkey at bathtime).

Sigh.

Carla Mon 09-May-05 10:22:22

Puff, make yourself a cup of coffee, sit down for 5 mins, and just marvel at how lovely he is. I've never had a home like the one I had before dds, but they more than make up for it.

Frizbe Mon 09-May-05 10:23:25

Oh bugge eh puff, have you tried wet wipes on the floor, they shift crayon off carpet, lino and wood......or someone one suggested vodka as well, milk works on some stains (I kid you not!) but the shower.....is same someone on a pasta jar?

swiperfox Mon 09-May-05 10:24:11

know the feeling. I don't let anyone come to our house anymore. It's wrecked and I'm ashamed of it!! Drawing on the wall, felt pen stains on the coffee table, and on the sofa.... not to mention the endless clutter and mess that appears as quickly as i put it away!!

PuffTheMagicDragon Mon 09-May-05 10:28:37

Just going to do that Carla .

Frizbe, I've tried all sorts, but the red dye has soaked through the varnish and permeated the wood. We can cover one of the big splodges with a rug I suppose.

He sure is on a pasta jar style regime and he's a great lad most of the time. I usually remain fairly serene about it all, but have gone into temporary "grrrr" mode .

PuffTheMagicDragon Mon 09-May-05 10:31:10

lol swiperfox - I was just thinking the house is starting to look reasonable instead of a building site......grrrr !

swiperfox Mon 09-May-05 11:15:39

How old are they puff? Judging by the shower they are way older than my two - but it'll give me a guide as to how long they are going to wreck my house for!!!! Mine are only 11 months and 3!!!!

Donbean Mon 09-May-05 11:22:55

shoveling while its snowing springs to mind.....sigh.
Dents in the walls,
Marks on the rugs and carpets
Snot trails across the setee
sticky fingerprints on every concievable surface
toys booby trapping the floor space
empty drawers with laundered ironed clothing scattered willy nilly

Just lookes at ds, sleeping like an angel clutching noonoo to him sucking his dodo, big red cheeks begging to be kissed little chubby hand begging to be kissed...........bless, hes my world. (wrecked, dented, broken marked and sticky world)

PuffTheMagicDragon Mon 09-May-05 12:41:32

Oh, Donbean, that's brought a sentimental tear to my eye .

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: