Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Long sleeve t-shirts

(22 Posts)
WoTmania Thu 04-Jun-09 07:41:29

I burn easily so my boys will and the guidance is to cover up. I've been trying to find some thin light long sleeve t-shirts for them but nowhere does any.
They just look at me like I'm crazy and say 'but it's summer' come back in winter.

Any ideas?

RedLentil Thu 04-Jun-09 07:49:19

Could you try H&M -we don't have them here in Ireland but DH got some v. thin, nice quality white ones there for my girls (with no frills at all) and they used to do plain ones for boys too.

WoTmania Thu 04-Jun-09 08:06:37

Thanks but tried them on sunday. I'll have a look in another one.

norksinmywaistband Thu 04-Jun-09 08:07:41

I tried H& M with no luck, Please do post if you find some, My DS will not wear short sleeves and at the moment he is looking very "proper" in shorts and LS shirts

IamAlsoADreamerOfChocolate Thu 04-Jun-09 08:37:10

tesco had some plain white long sleeve t shirts in the school section yesterday.
you can customise them or your kids they were only a pound each -i bought two

WoTmania Thu 04-Jun-09 08:41:46

Norks -will do. Considering making some.

Iamalso - what age though. My DSs are 3.5 and 23 months so school age won't fit.
Nice that they have plain ones though. All these logos drive me up the wall.

Scrumplet Thu 04-Jun-09 10:11:49

norks, my DS won't wear short sleeves either, or shirts, so finding long-sleeved polo shirts for school was a bit of a mission. Cracked it in the end, though.

There are fewer long-sleeved T-shirts about in the summer, but usually still a few, lurking. Tchibo had a lovely set a few weeks ago - no good now though. I'd say just keep looking: most places will likely stock one or two designs over the summer.

silverfrog Thu 04-Jun-09 10:14:37

I got a set of 3 form Next last year (white, pale blue, navy) which are very thin.

dd1 wears them under strappy dresses to avoid burning.

also, have you thought about shirts - linen types? you might find some with longer short sleeves, iyswim? I get those for the dds too, whenever I see some.

vesela Thu 04-Jun-09 16:08:24

Vertbaudet have these checked shirts which are cotton voile.

DD has a long-sleeved dress from them which is also voile, and it's pretty cool.

ICANDOTHAT Thu 04-Jun-09 17:25:09

H&M, Primark, Peacocks ....

WoTmania Thu 04-Jun-09 18:44:41

none of which round here have any.....

UniS Thu 04-Jun-09 19:45:36

try a T-shirt printer, look in yellow pages under screen printers . They often stock or can get very easily get long sleeve Ts & polos in a range of plain colours regardless of the time of year.
plus of course short sleve stuff, sweat shirts, hoodies and fleece jackets.
Also Hi Vis stuff in kids sizes...

WoTmania Fri 05-Jun-09 08:20:14

Oooooh UniS that's a splendid idea.
Thank you.

IamAlsoADreamerOfChocolate Fri 05-Jun-09 08:34:39

they do age 3-4 definately cos i got two dunno about younger i only have one son

spicemonster Fri 05-Jun-09 08:43:53

Kidsshouldbekids and rainbowkids (both online) sell lots of different long sleeve tops (plain or stripey) all year round

HappyMummyOfOne Fri 05-Jun-09 10:13:15

Next do a 3 pack which are thin enough for summer and very cheap. Also great for layering with a Tshirt on top for autumn/spring.

WoTmania Fri 05-Jun-09 12:28:56

Could you link it? I've looked online and in their shops and not seen any.

nomorecake Fri 05-Jun-09 12:32:09

tesco had some.
three packs. one plain, one striped, one with a character on.

but i find long sleeve t shirts really difficult to get hold of after december

mamadiva Fri 05-Jun-09 12:43:04

I always put long sleev tops on my DS. I might have some age 2-3 ones knocking around if you wnat I'll have a look.

silverfrog Fri 05-Jun-09 13:25:30

next have some here

haven't seen in store, so don't know how thin/thick, but ime, the multipack ones are thinner than the single t shirts they sell.

silverfrog Fri 05-Jun-09 13:27:34

actually, there are quite a few on the next site, in the younger boys section.

hth

HappyMummyOfOne Fri 05-Jun-09 13:34:24

http://www.next.co.uk/shopping/children/olderboys/37/7

http://www.next.co.uk/shopping/children/yo ungerboys/24/13

http://www.next.co.uk/shopping/children/youngerboys/25/13

http://www.next.co.u k/shopping/children/youngerboys/26/1

We have the first link and they are fine for summer.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now