Talk

Advanced search

Is 15 mo bored?

(4 Posts)
sleepmore Wed 03-Jun-09 07:13:22

Hello

I have a 15 mo and a 2 week old and at the moment I am spending each morning 9-12 at home (had a C Section so not driving and haven't yet managed to get to the park on my own).

DD has a reasonable number of toys but she is playing with the same things most days - PIL's said she is bored - what should I do?

plimple Wed 03-Jun-09 07:22:25

PILs should give you a break! What makes them say that? Playing with same toys isn't a problem. If she seems to need something more you could go to some toddler groups in the morning as that way she could play and you can sit and chat to other Mum's while feeding the little un. If there is nowhere you can get to without driving you could invite a friend with similar age kid over.
There is so much going on in the world for a 15 month old to be interested in that I doubt she'll get bored with same toys for months! Just keep talking to her and involving her in what you're doing, if you're not bored why should she be?

Alibabaandthe40nappies Wed 03-Jun-09 07:35:45

Are your PIL's offering to come over and take her out for a couple of hours each day so that you can rest and get yourself sorted with the new baby?

If not then they should keep their noses out, and go and buy DD some new toys! wink

I'm sure she is fine. As plimple says, just involve her in what you're doing and keeping chatting to her and she'll be fine.

Bucharest Wed 03-Jun-09 07:38:53

PILs are bonkers I'd say.
Don't let them guilt trip you....FGS you have a 2 week old baby, do they expect you to be acting like a cbeebies presenter all day????
Also second the idea that they could always come and take the 15 month old for a bit....smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now