Talk

Advanced search

Can your 13yo entertain him/herself?

(8 Posts)
mondaymonday Tue 02-Jun-09 13:41:21

DS is 13yo and is completely unable to entertain himself. Constantly asks 'what are we doing next', as he has for the past number of years. He does some outside activities (swimming, football), but these are at scheduled times and I bring him. He never wants to arrange to see his friends off his own accord. His brother (younger) is totally different and has no problem finding things to do.

Is your 13yo able to entertain himself?

bellavita Tue 02-Jun-09 13:46:04

Well, I have DS1 who will be 12 next week and if it involves, tv, x-box, wii, laptop or his guitar, then yes. However if all these are banned then he would mooch around for England. Although he does go out from time to time and does have friends over.

I DS2 who I can never ever keep in or track of!

bruffin Tue 02-Jun-09 14:00:31

ds 13 does entertain himself, however like your ds will not arrange to meet friends. The friends thing seems to be fairly normal as it is a question often asked on the teenage board.

noddyholder Tue 02-Jun-09 14:08:18

Is he an only child?

mondaymonday Tue 02-Jun-09 17:43:25

No, not an only child, has a 9 yo brother

roisin Tue 02-Jun-09 18:26:52

ds1 is 12 next month. He is easily capable of entertaining himself. By choice usually around the house - TV, computer, reading, lego, k'nex etc. But he also takes himself off to the library or to the cinema or to town shopping; or just to the local shop.

He doesn't arrange to meet friends outside of school; just doesn't seem interested and that's fine by me.

sarah293 Tue 02-Jun-09 18:51:18

Message withdrawn

mondaymonday Wed 03-Jun-09 07:25:37

Thanks all for your replies
It's interesting that boys don't seems to do as much of the meeting friends outside of school that girls do

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now