Talk

Advanced search

Change in ds behaviour.

(3 Posts)
timmette Tue 02-Jun-09 12:56:19

Recently ds 3 has started becoming a bit more clingy and needy - he is normally the most independent, bouncy child and is very affectionate. He is a very generous child and when he has friends over he gives them his favourite toys to play with and if he has a treat he shares bits with me and his dad. I love giving him all the affection he needs but I am worried the recent change in behaviour is because I am pregnant - I am still in the first trimester and have told him about it in very simple terms - is it likely to be causing his behaviour - and what do I do to reassure him without encouraging his behaviour? Any more experienced mums or dads around with advice.

QueenFee Tue 02-Jun-09 20:32:36

My DS has been clingier since I have been pregnant definately. He is 3 in August. I think that they don't really understand what is happening but know something is so are a bit unsettled IYSWIM. My ds wants to be carried all the time and has become very reliant on his dummy which he never was before. I seem to remember DD doing this too before DS was born but she would have been younger. She just grew out of it once DS was born. Hence why I am not too worried this time around.

timmette Wed 03-Jun-09 09:38:43

Thanks for that QueenFee - he is wanting to be carried more and babied more. It's nice to know it's normal.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now