Talk

Advanced search

What have you done with DD and who is this horrid screaming banshee?

(18 Posts)
RealityIsMyOnlyDelusion Mon 01-Jun-09 15:57:15

Message withdrawn

RealityIsMyOnlyDelusion Mon 01-Jun-09 17:24:58

Message withdrawn

Geocentric Mon 01-Jun-09 17:27:39

My previously angelic DD (almost 5) is going through a similar horrible phase. Yuck. You have my heartfelt sympathies...

Twims Mon 01-Jun-09 17:27:48

Silly question is she dehydrated one of the children I look after gets like that when she is dehydrated - and in this weather could be an option.

EffiePerine Mon 01-Jun-09 17:31:16

Oh God. I have this to come - DS1 is bad enough at nearly 3 shock.

TBH I'd remove her and be more than a bit harsh, pushing you and sticking her fingers in her ears is extremely rude.

Early bed?

RealityIsMyOnlyDelusion Mon 01-Jun-09 17:31:42

Message withdrawn

RealityIsMyOnlyDelusion Mon 01-Jun-09 17:35:40

Message withdrawn

BitOfFun Mon 01-Jun-09 17:41:25

You have a larder.....?! shockshockenvy

grin

Sympathies from me too...dd2 went of on one today- it is the heat I think. Anyway, after about half an hour I was squeezing out a few tears myself, but at least I didn't smack her, which is what I felt like...tomorrow is another (cooler I hope) day and all that!

MrsWeasley Mon 01-Jun-09 17:44:46

I was going to say it was the weather, it does strange things to us all grin

RealityIsMyOnlyDelusion Mon 01-Jun-09 17:46:10

Message withdrawn

reikizen Mon 01-Jun-09 17:46:24

Ha ha, this is just like dd1, it has got worse since being in reception. It's liek having Veruca Salt as a daughter some days

FabulousBakerGirl Mon 01-Jun-09 17:46:48

Mine are nver lovely/nice/kind at the same time hmm

It sounds like tiredness, too much heat and her age.

bath and bed i think

RealityIsMyOnlyDelusion Mon 01-Jun-09 17:48:34

Message withdrawn

bigchris Mon 01-Jun-09 17:48:59

my 5 yr old ds is being very trying atm too
keps backchatting , telling me 'leave this house', calling me and his sister 'stinky', just in general annoying the hell out of me
thank god for school tomorrow (inset day todady)

I am dreading the summer hols

RealityIsMyOnlyDelusion Mon 01-Jun-09 17:50:20

Message withdrawn

bigchris Mon 01-Jun-09 17:52:04

I think I will have to plan them with military preciosion, they just wont play nicely togther, they only stay in the garden for 2 minutes before wanting to come inside , they ask for dinner at 10.30am, it drives me nuts

RealityIsMyOnlyDelusion Mon 01-Jun-09 17:57:54

Message withdrawn

dreamylady Sun 06-Sep-09 23:36:21

Reality how's it going with the fingers in the ears? our dd has just started doing this, she's 4.5 and has taken to ignoring EVERYTHING we ask her to do.

When I do my calm controlled stepford mum voice trying to explain resonably why she can't have this/do that she then refuses to make eye contact and those fingers go in the ears.

I am finding it a HUUUGE strain not spending all day shouting at her - I was sad she'd be starting full time school nursery next week but am now thinking its come at the right time. Just hope she's a bit less awkward with teach!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now