Talk

Advanced search

DD is driving me MAD

(7 Posts)
dilemma456 Sun 31-May-09 09:19:00

Message withdrawn

whomovedmychocolate Sun 31-May-09 09:23:24

Sounds like you are both having a very shitty day. Can you start over.

Three year olds are barely human! hmm

It's very tough when you are left on your own with them, I have two and gawd they can be monsters. From time to time I just feel like screaming and putting the whole bloody lot on ebay as a deterrent to teen sex. grin

Go have a cup of coffee, sit at the table so it can't be tipped on you, show the girl a pot of glitter and a piece of paper and you will at least get ten minutes peace (even if you look like Julian Clary's armpit for the next week as a result!)

bigchris Sun 31-May-09 09:29:49

oh I feel your pain
dd 2.8 woke us up crying this morning
she' pulled a big strip of wall paper off her bedroom wall and knew she was going to be in trouble

shock angry sad just about covers it!

pavlovthecat Sun 31-May-09 09:32:26

I can empathise with you. Having similar trouble with DD, although thanfully right now she is calm (enough). I wish I could offer advice, but instead I am going to watch this thread for advice too.
I hope your day gets easier.

PlumBumMum Sun 31-May-09 09:38:38

dd1 was a screaming tantrum child, and thats when I discovered there was a word for it threenager

and also the only thing I found with her was to remove her from me, so up into her room or outside the back door

go up and say your sorry for smacking her bum but your tired and sore and she could have really hurt you with the coffee.

make her help you make her bed again

dd2 is is 2.7, I'm dreading her turning 3 we've got off light so far so I'm expecting a storm

sorry if this comes up twice but nothing happened when I pressed post

Jic Sun 31-May-09 09:46:34

You poor thing, it can be infuriating.

My advice is to not allow her to do these things. You are the adult, she is the child. Physically remove her from situations and take her away to time out for three minutes. When she's climbing on you, stop her, physically. You need to show her by actually doing it because to reason with a child of this age is extremely difficult and could end up in a battle of wills.

Take her to time out for three mins, explain why she's there,and leave the room. If she gets up, put her back. Again if necessary, as many times as it takes. She will soon see that you are not going to give up. After all, YOU are the one in control. I'm sure I'll get flamed by people who are pro unconditional parenting and that I should listen to my child about why she's throwing yogurt on the floor or having tantrums. Of course you have to listen, but not to discipline IMO is just letting them learn bad habits. Being consistent is key, don't give up.

dilemma456 Sun 31-May-09 10:05:42

Message withdrawn

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now