Talk

Advanced search

What's for lunch today? Take inspiration from Mumsnetters' tried-and-tested recipes in our Top Bananas! cookbook

Find out more

DD just made me cry.....I think what ever other porblems I have - I have done something right for/with her

(5 Posts)
KatyMac Sat 30-May-09 17:55:09

I am in tears

I am updating everyone's EYFS (Early Years Foundation Stage) folder & on an observation sheet dd has written
"X & Y sit together reading books"
She has linked it (correctly)
& planned the 'next step' which is to 'play a game encouraging turn-taking' which is just perfect

I know she did this on Wednesday (I wondered why she was 'fishing' with them) so I just need to get her to write up the evaluation

That is so lovely & she hasn't really been 'taught' how to do it

misshardbroom Sat 30-May-09 19:39:51

Wow. Think I'd have trouble doing that myself! How old is your DD?

KatyMac Sat 30-May-09 19:50:38

She is 11 & I have been childminding since she was 5

I am still impressed - not only has she written it on one child's sheet he has also copied it on to the other child's sheet as 'I observed them together so they both get one'

I can't get over it

misshardbroom Sat 30-May-09 20:28:41

I think that's great. And it shows how she can empathise with others, show care for younger children, and have some understanding of what you actually do all day. I bet you're very proud of her.

KatyMac Sat 30-May-09 20:48:28

I really am

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now