Talk

Advanced search

tooth fairy help please

(13 Posts)
pleaserewind Wed 04-May-05 21:13:58

whats the done thing when a wobbly tooth falls out but is then lost so can't be left for the fairy
ds2 has lost his first tooth, what do we do?

frogs Wed 04-May-05 21:14:53

The fairy comes in the night and uses her magical powers to find the tooth, then leaves the dosh anyway.

jessicasmummy Wed 04-May-05 21:15:11

tell him the tooth fairy can see he lost a tooth and leave money under pillow.... i would anyway!

frogs Wed 04-May-05 21:16:22

But the child has to leave a nice note/picture under the pillow explaining the situation...

Janh Wed 04-May-05 21:17:08

Write a note for the tooth fairy explaining the problem and leave that wrapped in a tissue or envelope under the pillow. (Makes it easier to find and extract it in order to insert cash and put it back )

Misspiggy Wed 04-May-05 22:22:56

This happened to both of my DS (one of them swallowed his tooth). I used to get them to draw a picture of the tooth so the toothfairy would know what she was looking for (!)and they would put that under their pillow. Good idea Janh re the envelope / wrapping in tissue. I can remember spending about 20 mins fishing around under pillows, duvets etc for DS1's picture when he was 6 and a very light sleeper!

SPARKLER1 Wed 04-May-05 22:26:22

pleaserewind - do you keep a tooth from ds1? You could use that.

darlingbud Wed 04-May-05 22:27:37

DH and I both agree the way to go is leave a note saying it has been lost. the tooth fairy 'm sure could leave a note to say that they have found it, banked it and here is the change!!

RTKangaMummy Wed 04-May-05 22:28:19

I would not say that the tooth fairy has taken the tooth

INcase it turns up next week in toy box IYSWIM

Just say the tooth fairy can see that it has fallen out etc.

We have a little silver box that DS got for his christening specially for the tooth fairy

We also leave the window open a little bit so she can fly in

Berries Thu 05-May-05 14:52:33

For future ref: tooth fairies don't come on the first Saturday of the month - because everyone knows that's when they have the tooth fairy party. Esp useful when babysitter forgets to tell you dd2 tooth had fallen out & she put it under her pillow.
DH is still amazed I thought that one up so quick at 6:30am after a night out

pleaserewind Thu 05-May-05 21:21:55

thanks everyone, a little note has done the trick and ds2 is a happy but gappy fellow once more

darlingbud Thu 05-May-05 21:42:25

That's a good one Berries - will remember that one.

Berries Fri 06-May-05 10:21:03

Actually, dd1 (9) lost her 9th tooth yesterday & the tooth fairy was watching the election results & forgot!!! Suddenly remembered at 6:00 this morning - luckily she was still asleep. As you can see, my fairy skills are not too good.
BTW ours also put tooth in little bag on bedside table - saves all that rooting around under pillows.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now