Talk

Advanced search

WARNING - Very smug mum alert.........

(12 Posts)
Gwenick Wed 04-May-05 13:12:48

just dropped DS1 off at nursery and his group teacher 'grabbed' me on the way out. Apparently he had his 2nd 'observatioin' last week and they went through it today - they're scored out of 5 (not on academic type stuff - just 'general' stuff) last time round in December he got 4.5 - and apparently this time he's done even better - he's the first kid in the WHOLE nursery (incluidng morning session children) to score a perfect 5 for this terms observations

fireflyfairy2 Wed 04-May-05 13:18:05

Well done

catgirl Wed 04-May-05 13:18:11

well done your ds1! (and you of course!)

throckenholt Wed 04-May-05 13:19:02

what do they observe then ?

Gwenick Wed 04-May-05 13:21:41

interaction, general well being, how they play/share, interest in 'learning' (not ability - just how hard they try) etc etc - apparently it's 'slightly' different from the one they had in their 1st term - but I'll find out exactly what they 'scored' him on tonight when I can bring his record book home

Gwenick Wed 04-May-05 15:50:34

just picked up the observation (only child this school YEAR to get a pefect 5 for both Wellbeing level and involvment level )

My favourite quote (bit in brackets is my words )

"He is busy, well organised (doesn't get that from me LMAO), sociable and happy. His wellbeing and involvment levels are as high as they can be and he has lots of interests. He doesn't mind if someone else joins in and he has ideas for good games and activities. Tafara has a sunny personality and we love teaching him and watching him develop"

throckenholt Thu 05-May-05 08:34:20

LGJ Thu 05-May-05 08:35:34

Happy Mummy

Forgetmenot Thu 05-May-05 08:39:27

Id like to be a smug mummy too!
My dd isn't 2 till June and she is potty trained!!!Hoorah! It's taken a month but she's cracked it!

MarsLady Thu 05-May-05 08:41:10

rightly smug Well done that boy!

AnnaInManchester Thu 05-May-05 19:43:05

is your son called tafara Gwenick?

Gwenick Fri 06-May-05 23:53:25

sorry only just seen Anna's question - been flipping busy with Business stuff - poor DH is crashed out on the sofa - I have a suspicion he may spend the night there as he took a blanket with him to watch tv 'incase' he fell asleep (well he did COME to bed at 5.50am THIS MORNING! and then worked all day again ).

Anyhow, completely off track - yes my DS1 is called Tafara

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now