Talk

Advanced search

too hot for sleeping bags, HELP!!!

(7 Posts)
NannyJo Mon 02-May-05 14:09:58

DS(7months) wakes early but is quite happy to go straight back off himself. However when he's not in his sleeping bag he wriggles about and won't go back off to sleep.

It's too hot for his bag and i can't cool the room any lower than 24*c.

What do yours sleep in at night (vest, rompa blankets etc) when it's hot??

How can i stop him wriggling, can i get very light sleeping bags for summer??Ta

snafu Mon 02-May-05 14:14:41

Jojo Maman Bebe do lovely lightweight 'high summer' sleeping bags here

Louise1980 Mon 02-May-05 14:14:41

Have you tried just putting him in a vest then in his sleeping bag? I did that with my ds2 as he would wake up wanting blankets back on but was too hot if he wore a babygro.

Just a thought

expatinscotland Mon 02-May-05 14:15:34

my DD was born in the hottest summer on record: 2003. i found a towelling sleeping bag in John Lewis that was perfect for those warm summer nights. we'd just put her in a short sleeved baby gro and light trousers, the towelling sleeping bag, and used towelling sheets in her cot (mothercare sells them). crack the windows for airflow and she dreamed away.

Chandra Mon 02-May-05 14:15:37

I have a grobag 0.5 tog, if it's to hot I just use that grobag and the nappy, otherwise a vest+grobag. HTH

nailpolish Mon 02-May-05 14:17:25

try grobag.com, they have 0.5 togs for really hot nights. theres lots of info there about how to dress baby when its hot, they provide little thermometers for the room that indicate what nightclothes to put baby in and with what tog of bag

hth!

Chandra Mon 02-May-05 14:20:30

I have also a towelling grobag (1 tog) but very fresh in summer.

Somebody mentioned here about a good way to keep the rooms cool: Open the windows just early in the morning (and all of them at the same time so the air really cool the house), as soon as the sun starts to enter through the window, close the windows and curtains/lower the blinds. DS has a southfacing room that gets the sun most of the day and still is very cool with this method. I think that a blackout rollerblind (aroun 10 pounds in IKEA) does the work beautifully.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now