Talk

Advanced search

microwave thread, where is it?

(7 Posts)
fatnhap Mon 02-May-05 09:44:17

anyone remember the verdict on warming up baby food in microwave ... whether it is ok in the end or just a complete no-no!! I thought there was a good thread on this subject but can't find it.

Pomi Mon 02-May-05 13:54:24

With my first ds i never used microwave for warming his milk or food as they say it can scald their mouth becouse of its uneven heating. But with ds2(I have two sons with just eleven months appart) things have become very busy. I use microwave nearly every time but shake the bottle well and mix his food throughly before giving him.

tiffini Mon 02-May-05 13:57:54

i always use a microwave, as long as you shake the milk well or stir the food well, but if you are still worried you can heat the food in the microwave and then pour into another bowl, because often it is the bowl that is very hot.

suedonim Mon 02-May-05 17:53:56

I think there's a concern that microwaving formula destroys some of the nutrients, but I don't recall exactly. Mears is the one you need, she's the expert!

Pomi Tue 03-May-05 13:36:49

Never head that microvaving formula can destroy the nutrients, want to know more about it. Who is Mears i did not understand.

Tinker Tue 03-May-05 13:41:06

Here's a microwave thread

suedonim Tue 03-May-05 14:07:50

Here's another thread to which Mears contributed. Microwaving formula. Mears is a wise and wonderful midwife.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now