Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

ANGEL-CARE MONITOR!

(9 Posts)
MollyMooMin Fri 29-Apr-05 09:06:31

Iwas woken up in the early hours this morning by our monitor going off! Just got to my DD & grabbed her. Luckily she was fine but I'm so worried now. Why would she stop breathing?

flamesparrow Fri 29-Apr-05 09:08:18

DD used to stop 5 days after having a cold or bug.

She would always start again as soon as the alarm sounded (I'm assuming it stirred her enough to start her again).

TrophyWife Fri 29-Apr-05 09:13:00

dont worry about it, we had one for ds, and found that it was very sensative and would sometimes go off for no reason, it did it quite a lot too. if it keeps happing then you can turn down the sensativety (sp?) nob

MollyMooMin Fri 29-Apr-05 09:13:53

Could it happen regularly then? I just keep thinking what might have happened. She's only 16 weeks old.

flamesparrow Fri 29-Apr-05 09:16:56

With DD it took a few times before Psychomum pointed out the pattern, and after that I knew to expect it. The doctor didn't seem to care (he seemed of the opinion that the monitor was more hassle than good - which I disagree with! I have no idea if it was the noise that stirred her again, or if she would have naturally, but I wouldn't have risked not having the sound after that on the off chance!!).

It was easier when I was expecting it, because although my heart still leapt, it wasn't quite as scarey (does that make sense??)

mumofelise Fri 29-Apr-05 09:17:34

i used to find that sometimes the positioning of the pad could set off the alarm. She may have shifted her weight as the monitor does go off if you left the baby and forget to turn the machine off, every morning for me.

flamesparrow Sat 30-Apr-05 14:45:19

How was she last night?

pooka Mon 02-May-05 08:28:55

A friend of mine had one of these and a wriggly baby. They don't mix well- alarm went off frequently when her dd wriggled off the pad.

MollyMooMin Wed 04-May-05 12:13:57

Flamesparrow- she's been fine ever since, thanks. I'd already heard the 1st beep that goes off after 15 seconds at 3.20am. I got up to her, just stared at her(WHY), waiting for the alarm to go off(after another 5 seconds). It never did, so I got back into bed.. only to be up again at 3.23am, as the 15 sec beep went off, then sure enough, the 20 sec alarm followed! I grabbed her & she stirred. That's why I know she hadn't wriggled as she was in exactly the same position as when I'd left her 3 minutes earlier. It just scares me now to think what might have happened had she been asleep in her pram.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now