Talk

Advanced search

How would you tell your child.

(3 Posts)
floppsy Thu 28-Apr-05 13:31:44

My neighbour passed away saturday night and my dd's were very close to her,it was unexpected so i didn't have time to think what to say to my dd's.I told them that she'd gone to heaven as she was very sick & old.My dd1 who is 6 is very sensitive & connects death with hospitals(as everyone that has passed away has been in hospital)asked was she in hospital so i told her she was as she wanted to know were she was on sunday morning.She has been talking openly about it but at bedtimes starts asking me questions about it.Have i done the right thing.

Bugsy2 Thu 28-Apr-05 16:20:53

Sounds like it to me. Might be worth telling your dd1 that good things happen in hospital too, like babies being born & people being made better - just in case a trip there is ever necessary.
Other than that, it is good that she is talking about what happened - I would have thought.

floppsy Thu 28-Apr-05 16:53:40

I think its better for children to knw whats going on instead of hiding the facts.I do tell her that good things happen there and we've had a few trips to the hospital and she's been fine,but can't help wondering what goes on in their minds & whether or not it effects them.My dd2 is 2.5 & don't really understand,she keeps asking when is she coming back.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now