Talk

Advanced search

What's for lunch today? Take inspiration from Mumsnetters' tried-and-tested recipes in our Top Bananas! cookbook - now under £10

Find out more

sleeping pattern ... is this normal?

(3 Posts)
fatnhap Wed 27-Apr-05 08:07:25

dd is 6 months old now and has 1/2 hour to 40 min max naps every 2 to 2.5 hours. Is this normal? I'm really worried that she's not getting enough sleep.

TracyK Wed 27-Apr-05 08:52:45

How much sleep in total is that over 24 hours then? I think they are sposed to have 14-16 hours at that age.
Still early days tho - my ds had erratic naps up till about 10 or 11 mo. Tho I think you should be aiming for one shorter nap and then a nice long one. Some people have the short in the am and longer after lunch and others the opposite way round.

Saacsmum Wed 27-Apr-05 09:02:43

Hi, I was told by plunket (NZ) that babies this age should be having a total of around 12-15 hours total sleep including nite sleeps. My ds is 7mths, he has about 1.5-2 hours in the morning and again in the afternoon, sometimes he will have a catnap in between but usually he is up from around 11.30 to 3.30 (he does act tired during this time but will not settle for a sleep whereas the other two he will lie down and go straight to sleep. He sleeps from 7pm until 6am (with a feed about 3am)so gets about 14 or 15hours total. All babes are different and as long as she seems to be growing and ok in herself I would try not to worry. HTH.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: