Talk

Advanced search

What's for lunch today? Take inspiration from Mumsnetters' tried-and-tested recipes in our Top Bananas! cookbook - now under £10

Find out more

Is it Colic???

(4 Posts)
trinityrocks Mon 25-Apr-05 21:23:35

My 2 week old seems to be suffering from colic. I think I've read somewhere that they don't get it that young but I'm sure she has. The cry is different, sounds like a pain cry, she doesn't want to be fed but will suck for a little while for comfort but then gets a pain and throws her head around and scrunches her legs up.
The crying comes and goes and she usually settles finally after about 2 or 3 hours. Being rocked and jiggled helps somewhat but sometimes it just feels like nothing is working!!
I have got some Infacol and will see how that goes (only got it a couple of days ago) but does anyone have any other ideas and do you think that it is some sort of colicky pains???????
Hope everyone is o.k

katierocket Mon 25-Apr-05 21:37:39

yes they can get it this young, my DS started wiht colic at 1 week old.
See this old thread for loads of advice and also for link to GeorginaA's great site about colic

good luck and my sympathy - colic is hard going but it will end.support for colic

trinityrocks Mon 25-Apr-05 22:15:18

Thankyou sooo much katierocket, I never even imagined that there would be a site that could help me. Thanks for the link to the old thread. I am going to look at it now. Thanks again, I am soooooo glad that I'm not imagining it, I was sure that it was but just needed reassurance

bubble99 Mon 25-Apr-05 22:16:18

Hi trinityrocks. I was here a few weeks ago describing exactly the same thing with DS3. He's 9 weeks old now and it was particularly bad from 2 to 5 weeks. When she feeds can you hear her taking in air? I found the 'Football Hold' position worked best for us to avoid excessive air intake - baby under your arm, with head on a cushion on your lap, as if you were carrying a rolled-up carpet, or a football When she feeds try to wind her frequently to bring up any air she's taking in. If it gets too far down then it's trapped in the gut causing her pain and there's not much you can do until she gets rid of it in either a massive fart or a big poo. Good luck! It does get easier, though I didn't believe that when told a few weeks ago.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: